Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who are your top 5 superstars who contributed in the history of these two brands based on your opinion? Mine is
Raw Top 5
1: Stone Cold Steve Austin
2: HBK Shawn Michaels
3: Bret Hitman Hart
4: John Cena
5: Triple H
Smackdown Top 5
1: The Rock
2: The Undertaker
3: Kurt Angle
4: Eddie Guerrero
5: Edge/Batista

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
Top Five on Raw

1: Stone Cold Steve Austin
2: Vince McMahon ( Just based on his feuds with the GOAT above )
3: HBK
4: John Cena
5: Bret Hart

Top Five On Smackdown

1: Undertaker
2: The Rock
3: Batista
4: Triple H
5: Randy Orton

I based my picks from when I watched as a teenager when the Monday night wars with dubbya cee dubbya and all of the helped build both brands to high standard I think scsa and taker were the leaders of both brands during and after the competition went bust, espically taker, but scsa is my favorite wrestler of all time.

Good list @Wizak10 mate.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
RAW

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. The Undertaker
4. John Cena
5. Triple H

SMACKDOWN

1. The Rock
2. Brock Lesnar
3. Kurt Angle
4. The Undertaker
5. Edge

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
If I had to do a somewhat kayfabe list for WWE.com or something:

SmackDown:

1. The Rock - The show is named after him. While he was never really part of things during the roster split era, I don't think you can include a list of important SmackDown stars without the guy it's named after.

2. The Undertaker - He was presented as the lifeblood/cornerstone of the show for so many years.

3. Brock Lesnar - The guy who took the WWE Title to SmackDown and the first guy the "franchise" was truly built around. He even took over The Rock in having the video game marketed around him. But those were early days.

4. Kurt Angle - Deeply synonymous with the SmackDown Six era of the show and got numerous WWE Title reigns during that period.

5. Eddie Guerrero - Really rose to prominence on that show and was actually a draw for them there.

Honorable Mentions: Rey Mysterio - Super-popular guy who was on the show for ages and also made a difference. Edge - His work on that show stands out.

Raw:

1. Stone Cold Steve Austin - How could you not put this guy #1?

2. Shawn Michaels - This isn't even counting his days pre-Attitude era. I'm strictly speaking 2002 and onwards here. But I guess you can give it a silent nod. The guy was on the show for a good long time and basically refused to work SmackDown.

3. Bret Hart - Okay, I'm cheating with this one, because this DOES go back prior to the roster split era. But Raw has a long history, and for a good while the show was piggy-backed off Bret.

4. John Cena - They built the company around him from 2005 onwards.

5. Randy Orton - I guess this is based on longevity and him seeming a lot more comfortable on Raw than on SmackDown.

Honorable Mentions: Triple H - I hate it, but I guess you've got to mention him somewhere just based on how long he was pushed. Batista - The first major star it felt like they created on Raw in the roster split era, but he wasn't there for long.

I guess you could make cases for guys appearing on both lists. If you went further down, you'd probably find CM Punk appearing on both, Daniel Bryan appearing on both, Seth Rollins on Raw for longevity, etc.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
RAW:
Hulk Hogan
Steve Austin
The Rock
Goldberg
Bret Hart

Smackdown:
The Rock
Eddie Guerrero
Kurt Angle
Batista
AJ Styles

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,949 Posts
Raw:

1. Steve Austin
2. Shawn Michaels
3. Bret Hart
4. John Cena
5. Triple H

Smackdown:

1. The Rock
2. Undertaker
3. Edge
4. Batista
5. Kurt Angle

·
rasslin
3,289 Posts
Raw
1, Stone Cold Steve Austin
2. The Rock
3. Triple H
4. Bret Hart
5. Randy Orton

Smackdown
1. Undertaker
2. The Rock
3. Brock Lesnar
4. Eddie Guerrero
5. Batista

·
Registered
259 Posts
Raw:
1.Stone cold Steve austin(he was raw)

2. Vince McMahon (just involved in so many legendary moments with Austin on Raw)

3. Triple H (people might not a agree but he was a huge part of the show for many years with D.X his breakout main event days and then the evolution stuff even a lot of i could be dull it's still memorable)

4. John cena ( he literally blew up on Raw and the biggest star on that show has produced in the past 15 years)

5. Shawn Michaels (his first run he was the highlight of them shows with his feud with bret and then the stuff with DX was huge and in his second run he had so many great one on matches on raw with different guys)

Smackdown:
1.The rock (it's named after him if he didn't say he was gonna lay'th the smackdown then it might of not been come up with)ways

2. Undertaker(really made the show his own where he could be seen as the top top guy instead of just one of them on raw. And for 10 years he really made that show memorable.

3. Eddie guerrero (probs without smackdown and the brand split he probs would of never got the main event opportunity he got. But even before that his tag matches with chavo were always fun then becoming the first U.S champion his feud with JBL etc just all great stuff and he got his time to shine for 3 years on there before he passed.

4.Batista (again a guy who really stood and made his name being the main guy on Smackdown his feuds with undertaker and mysterio and king Booker are just good memories I have about smackdown

5.Rey mysterio (Use to love his cruiserweight matches on smackdown in late 02 and 03 and even tho he wasn't placed high on the card back then they was matches I always looked forward to

·
Registered
2,725 Posts
Raw

1) Stone Cold
2) John Cena
3) Bret Hart
4) Shawn Michaels
5) Chris Jericho

Smackdown

1) The Rock
2) Kurt Angle