·
Banned
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
forgot about hhh

·
#German
3,783 Posts
Golden Boys means media exposure, right? Then it's Cena, Miz, Punk, maybe Orton. Pushing someone either heavy or constantly? Cena, Miz, Punk, Orton and then Rhodes and Ziggler.

·
Registered
826 Posts
What everyone else has said :p

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
Golden Boys means media exposure, right?
Not at all. A golden boy is one who is heavily protected by WWE top brass, and one whose interests will always take precedence over everyone else's.

So, Cena and Orton. HHH is the ultimate golden boy, but it's less of a problem now he is pseudo retired. You can tell the difference between golden boys and everyone else mainly by how golden boys are booked, and also by how they're treated.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Cena, Orton

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Cena and Orton. ADR is getting there. I don't think Miz is one, especially when you look at his history with the company. Punk isn't even close to being a Golden Boy.

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Cena, Orton

·
Plotting time travel mission.
8,641 Posts
If CM Punk didn't think about leaving back in June he would probably be jobbing to Alberto Del Rio, John Cena, and Randy Orton right now. He is not a golden boy, or was never intended to be. CM Punk is over right now so they can't just ignore that.

I think the current Golden boys are John Cena, Randy Orton, and The Miz. By golden boy I mean those who will always have something to do and won't look bad all the time. Plus they get lots of exposure outside WWE and in merchandise.

Sheamus and Del Rio seem to get steady pushes but they don't get as much exposure as the top 3 I mentioned.

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Del Rio? If he was really golden he would still be champion

Taker, HHH, Cena, Orton, Mysterio, no more.
I think Del Rio is a golden boy because WWE has been so high on him, he just sky rocketed to the top without really paying his dues. By paying dues, I mean the WWE way, sure he wrestled for a long time in Mexico but he didn't work for it in WWE. I'm not bashing him or anything, just think he's a golden boy.

·
Asuka
96,218 Posts
Del Rio? If he was really golden he would still be champion

Taker, HHH, Cena, Orton, Mysterio, no more.
If he wasn't, he wouldn't have gotten the title at all with how over he is. Besides, for all we know, he might win the belt back tonight. I don't think it's gonna happen, Cena will probably retain, just as the usual bullshit goes, but supposedly the reason he lost it is solely due to Vince flipping his lid over a bad rating and putting Cena as champion to get an increase for the next week, so he might win it back now. Either way, he got pushed hard straight from his debut and they never stopped, even though his level of overness didn't warrant such a push. Even now, he's still in the main event picture.

Cena, Orton, Del Rio and Sheamus. Punk and Miz had to scratch and claw like hell to get their spot, so I'm not including them.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
I think Del Rio is a golden boy because WWE has been so high on him, he just sky rocketed to the top without really paying his dues. By paying dues, I mean the WWE way, sure he wrestled for a long time in Mexico but he didn't work for it in WWE. I'm not bashing him or anything, just think he's a golden boy.
You pretty much laid out why people have a reason to bash him, though.

ADR isn't a golden boy, though. Just the recpient of two failed main-event pushes. The SmackDown push was winning the Royal Rumble and main-eventing WrestleMania. That flopped. The Raw push was winning Money in the Bank and cashing in for the WWE Championship at SummerSlam, only to lose the title at the next PPV. If he dosen't win it back tonight, this push will have been a flop too.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
I think Sheamus is up there

1 - 19 of 19 Posts