Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ya babyface Roman. Nowadays Roman it's not even close. Drew is weak and cheesey. He's perfect for the PG stuff that's about it. I like drew in ring but on the mic it's really bad. He had one good promo I think it was after he dropped the title to orton. Then went right back to cheese
Honestly I can't believe people see this current roman as a good mic worker, he does nothing special with the mic is just that he is a heel ,nothing else.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Deceiving myself? Nah not with my experience watching this for decades you have to be impartial enough to make an appropriate assessment.

Roman whether you love him or hate him has truly turned things around for himself, Sticking the Heel label excuse on him doesn't work by that logic Shelton Benjamin is a good Mic Worker.
At least Shelton Benjamin don't sound like someone who is forced to say something or reciting a script

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,460 Posts
i disagree with the point some are making that roman is just being a generic heel now and that his character is "easy" to do. i like what he's doing and its way better than his face promos about Jack and the Beanstalk and "awww come on, i'm not a bad guy!"

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
14,972 Posts
i disagree with the point some are making that roman is just being a generic heel now and that his character is "easy" to do. i like what he's doing and its way better than his face promos about Jack and the Beanstalk and "awww come on, i'm not a bad guy!"
Smarks gonna Smarks that's why.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Honestly I can't believe people see this current roman as a good mic worker, he does nothing special with the mic is just that he is a heel ,nothing else.
And it's good work as a heel. He's the hottest thing in WWE atm. It's not for his wrestling I can tell you that. It's because his mic work and story is awesome at this time. You can hate or bitch but you can't take away the proof

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
14,972 Posts
And it's good work as a heel. He's the hottest thing in WWE atm. It's not for his wrestling I can tell you that. It's because his mic work and story is awesome at this time. You can hate or bitch but you can't take away the proof
Glad to see realism in this post, They don't want to credit Roman because it's Roman.

·
Registered
335 Posts
The Miz
Randy Orton
Alexa Bliss
Edge
Becky Lynch

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
527 Posts
The hottest thing is the bullshit Alexa and Randy are doing not the bullshit 3.0 roman is doing

·
Registered
249 Posts
If he needed to turn heel just to have great promos, then he's not a great promo cutter.
I agree Roman isnt tip top but thats a bit harsh. Its historically been as heels that performers find their feet on the mike. Look at Rock, Pillman, Cena even Flair. None were known for amazing babyface promos at the start of their careers.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,203 Posts
Understandable but people being critical just because he's Roman Reigns is what I'm talking about they are acting like he's literally done nothing with himself since turning Heel.
He's definitely been a lot better as a heel than as a face, but this is common for a lot of wrestlers. A truly great mic worker does not need to turn heel to be entertaining on the mic. They should be able to at the very least show signs of that. And Reigns never once demonstrated he was anything close to being a competent mic worker during his face run. Part of the blame on that needs to go to booking and the fact that they gave him a character he clearly wasn't comfortable in. But he basically blew chunks in just about every aspect of mic work during his time as a face. There were no signs of life. That's not a good mic worker.

I agree Roman isnt tip top but thats a bit harsh. Its historically been as heels that performers find their feet on the mike. Look at Rock, Pillman, Cena even Flair. None were known for amazing babyface promos at the start of their careers.
The Rock still had some very solid promos starting out. His biggest issue was always his terrible Rocky Mavia character. The talent was still clearly there. Same with the other guys you mentioned. Guys like Jericho were able to start out with killer face promos. It was never a hindrance.

If you want me to say I'm being a little harsh, then yeah I'll concede to that point. But none the less, if your saving grace to being even remotely entertaining on the mic is a heel turn, then being face wasn't the main issue at hand.

·
Registered
249 Posts
He's definitely been a lot better as a heel than as a face, but this is common for a lot of wrestlers. A truly great mic worker does not need to turn heel to be entertaining on the mic. They should be able to at the very least show signs of that. And Reigns never once demonstrated he was anything close to being a competent mic worker during his face run. Part of the blame on that needs to go to booking and the fact that they gave him a character he clearly wasn't comfortable in. But he basically blew chunks in just about every aspect of mic work during his time as a face. There were no signs of life. That's not a good mic worker.

The Rock still had some very solid promos starting out. His biggest issue was always his terrible Rocky Mavia character. The talent was still clearly there. Same with the other guys you mentioned. Guys like Jericho were able to start out with killer face promos. It was never a hindrance.

If you want me to say I'm being a little harsh, then yeah I'll concede to that point. But none the less, if your saving grace to being even remotely entertaining on the mic is a heel turn, then being face wasn't the main issue at hand.
the last part you've brought up is very valid. Guess i've just lowered my expectations over the years. I'm certainly not saying hes suddenly flair on the stick but at least hes shown a bit of personality. Its early, we might be surprised (grasps straw from vodka and coke)

61 - 78 of 78 Posts