Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based off the current roster, who are the TOP 5 Promo Workers in WWE? Doesn't have to be in order, just 5 overall?

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll add my 5 and in no particular order:

Elias
Roman Reigns
Kevin Owens
Charlotte Flair
Dolph Ziggler/Bray (Tie for me)

·
Ho!
17,806 Posts
Sami Zayn
Alexa Bliss
Randy Orton
Paul Heyman
Miz

Kind of tough to say - haven't watched a ton in the past 5 months or so to really say I've seen a lot from many wrestlers enough. Just some thoughts on some of the names I've seen in this thread. From what I've seen on TV, Roman's very overrated - if he's top 5 then this is truly an awful era right now. His delivery is still bland as ever, he just has more focus than he used to. Elias is up there but still need to see him cut more regular promos before putting him up that high. Wyatt's great but his funhouse character doesn't do much for me. I mean, it's a great way to make The Fiend feel more special whenever he shows up, but can't say I care much for the promos. Not bad, just not sure top 5. I wouldn't put people like Drew, AJ Styles, Montez Ford, Sasha Banks, or Charlotte up there as top tier mic workers. Some of them are fine, some are bad, but they're just not up there for me.

Zayn has been killing it though recently. Been watching his stuff on YouTube for awhile and the guy is a far better mic worker than people give him credit for. He's always been really good, even as a face. As a heel though in his current character, he's fantastic. Orton is Orton... when he wants to be he's an top tier mic worker. Miz and Heyman are kind of there by default as they have the history of cutting great promos and I assume they still can. Their delivery is always on point... even if they're not always saying the most interesting things or repeating themselves. Alexa Bliss in there as well as she's easily the best women's mic worker, and probably legit in the top 5? She's done a great job in her current role and generally has in her career.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
People are overrating Roman's promos. They sound better because of his gimmick and the fact he can be an asshole, but he definitely isn't top 5 within the company. He still sounds bland and the actual content of it is repetitive. Big fan of the gimmick and matches though, but his promos are still fairly wooden.

·
Registered
527 Posts
People are overrating Roman's promos. They sound better because of his gimmick and the fact he can be an asshole, but he definitely isn't top 5 within the company. He still sounds bland and the actual content of it is repetitive. Big fan of the gimmick and matches though, but his promos are still fairly wooden.
Am surprised too. He is still the same guy with a different gimmick but still sound bad and forceful

·
The Babyface of WF
Turned Heel
14,972 Posts
Roman downplayers are really dumb af if they can't accept that he's drastically pulled a 180 in the Mic criteria, They probably wouldn't give him credit just going off his previous terrible Face run that held him back tremendously.

If you don't think he's cutting meaningful Promos and delivering with purpose that pertains to his given circumstances you should get your head examined.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,574 Posts
Paul Heyman
Bray Wyatt
Elias
Alexa
Pat McAfee

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,483 Posts
The Miz