Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking strictly about in the Ring. Who is the best as far as abillity, Ring Psychologie and making a Match look real, and i dont mean by just beating the shit out of your opponent, but you know, who are the 10 elite Wrestlers at the Moment, who really make Wrestling an art. I would say right now:

1.The Undertaker
2.Kurt Angle
3.Chris Jericho
4.AJ Styles
5.Rey Mysterio
6.Randy Orton
7.CM Punk
8.Chavo Guerrero
9.Triple H
10.Mr. Anderson

Just my opinion, what do you think?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Angle yea good pick and probably my no1. He speaks with heart and wrestles with passion. Very entertaining.
Undertaker is OK but way too old now and cant do hardly anything anymore.
Anderson is probably the most entertaining wrestler around today and is awesome to watch.
Triple H is one of the worst wrestlers around and if he wasn't married to Stephanie he probably wouldn't have a job in wrestling.
Jericho is cool.
RVD,Hardy are good workers.
Mysterio and Evan Bourne are pretty cool.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
^people might not agree but he actually does. Sure he can lift up big show and break out of submissions, but even if it is fixed so he does those things, you can't just walk up to someone like Orton and be like "we need you to scoop slam the big show" and expect he'd for sure be able to do it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Cena definitely doesn't get enough credit. He's not flashy but he's one of the best story tellers in the ring out there.

I'd rate Jericho #1 pretty easily.

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
Rey sells the moves then does a 4 set piece and wins.

Not sure if that's creative or not as I haven't watched Smackdown! since the draft, as for tehnical ability, I'd say Edge in for Undertaker

I wouldn't have Triple H in there or even the top 20 for actual inring ability, he can teach it sure but there are better, his reputation just procedes him - I'm biased so add Nigel McGuinness

I wont bother rating them. No definitive winner for me - they can only do what they are given to work with

·
Registered
6,187 Posts
Davey Richards is number one right now. John Cena, Tyler Black, Kurt Angle, CM Punk, Rey Mysterio, Roderick Strong, Chris Jericho, Samoa Joe and Kurt Angle are the other top 9 in no order. In my opinion, atleast.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
In-ring dominance: The Undertaker (He almost never gets pwned in the ring)

Selling in the ring: Rob Van Dam (Don't watch TNA, but from what I saw in WWE, he sells big time)

Overall wrestler: Kurt Angle (Best athlete in the world)

Best physique/body: Triple H (He do have that)

The most agile: Rob Van Dam and Rey-Rey (Move quick, unique move-sets)

The most athletic: Jack Swagger and Kurt Angle (The all American American and The Olympic Gold Medalist is indeed the most athletic performers in wrestling ATM)

Best in-ring storyteller: Edge (Hate him, but he's got the edge on this one IMO, along with a few others, but only bothered to name him)

Best in-ring performer: Chris Jericho (he plays a character like no other on RAW at the moment)

Puts his body on the line: Evan Bourne (Damn the bumps he takes in the ring, he could also be nominated as the best selling wrestler in the ring)

Never gets boring to watch: Kane (That's just me, I'm a fan of big guys in WWE, and I can still enjoy his matches)

Who I enjoy the most out of the bunch: The Undertaker.

My overall top 10:

1. Jack Swagger (He works his ass off to cement himself as a main eventer)

2. The Undertaker (Injured at the moment, but he gives more than 110% every time)

3. Rob Van Dam (Has he ever made his opponent look bad?)

4. Triple H (Also a dominator in the ring, and his style is just my type of wrestling)

5. Chris Jericho (Disappointing 5th place, but I couldn't put him any higher than that since the other 4 are better than him ATM)

6. Kurt Angle (I don't think he has ever put on a boring match for my taste)

7. Kane (People find him boring, but I find him (and Swagger) the reason to watch SD! at the moment)

8. Rey Mysterio (I find him more entertaining in the ring that Bourne is, and even though he's overrated as fuck, he's still good in the ring IMO)

9. Edge (Seems injured to me, last time I cared for Edge was in like 2006/2007, he's been boring since. But still a great storyteller)

10. Evan Bourne (The least experienced of the bunch, deserves this 10th place, he takes some serious bumps, but he can not make a career out of that, he's not believable for me).

·
King James
24,700 Posts
Top 5

1. Undertaker
2. Kurt Angle
3. Rey Mysterio
4. Chris Jericho
5. Christian

The only reason I leave William Regal and Finlay off is because I think Finlay is pretty much retired now and Regal is just in a side show role. Both men can still put on great matches every week if he were allowed to.

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Top 5(WWE only) but no one in tna would be close to top 10 anyway.

rey
bourne
christian
punk
cena

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Punk
Jericho
Wolfe
Cena
Mysterio
Christian
Bourne
Diva-wise - Michelle McCool.

Punk should be in every list posted - and anybody who excludes Punk from a list of "best workers", hasn't got a clue, quite frankly.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
In-ring dominance: The Undertaker (He almost never gets pwned in the ring)

Selling in the ring: Rob Van Dam (Don't watch TNA, but from what I saw in WWE, he sells big time)

Overall wrestler: Kurt Angle (Best athlete in the world)

Best physique/body: Triple H (He do have that)

The most agile: Rob Van Dam and Rey-Rey (Move quick, unique move-sets)

The most athletic: Jack Swagger and Kurt Angle (The all American American and The Olympic Gold Medalist is indeed the most athletic performers in wrestling ATM)

Best in-ring storyteller: Edge (Hate him, but he's got the edge on this one IMO, along with a few others, but only bothered to name him)

Best in-ring performer: Chris Jericho (he plays a character like no other on RAW at the moment)

Puts his body on the line: Evan Bourne (Damn the bumps he takes in the ring, he could also be nominated as the best selling wrestler in the ring)

Never gets boring to watch: Kane (That's just me, I'm a fan of big guys in WWE, and I can still enjoy his matches)

Who I enjoy the most out of the bunch: The Undertaker.

My overall top 10:

1. Jack Swagger (He works his ass off to cement himself as a main eventer)

2. The Undertaker (Injured at the moment, but he gives more than 110% every time)

3. Rob Van Dam (Has he ever made his opponent look bad?)

4. Triple H (Also a dominator in the ring, and his style is just my type of wrestling)

5. Chris Jericho (Disappointing 5th place, but I couldn't put him any higher than that since the other 4 are better than him ATM)

6. Kurt Angle (I don't think he has ever put on a boring match for my taste)

7. Kane (People find him boring, but I find him (and Swagger) the reason to watch SD! at the moment)

8. Rey Mysterio (I find him more entertaining in the ring that Bourne is, and even though he's overrated as fuck, he's still good in the ring IMO)

9. Edge (Seems injured to me, last time I cared for Edge was in like 2006/2007, he's been boring since. But still a great storyteller)

10. Evan Bourne (The least experienced of the bunch, deserves this 10th place, he takes some serious bumps, but he can not make a career out of that, he's not believable for me).
HHH may have been considered to have one of the better physiques back when he was roiding in the early 2000's, but no way today. He is getting a bit of a gut

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
IMO:

HM:Randy Orton,Doug Williams, Jack Swagger, Christian

TOP 10:
10.Evan Bourne
9.Desmond Wolfe
8.AJ Styles
7.Triple H
6.Rey Mysterio
5.The Undertaker
4.CM Punk
3.Chris Jericho
2.John Cena
1.Kurt Angle

·
Registered
200 Posts
1. John Cena
2. Undertaker
3. Kurt Angle
4. RVD
5. Sheamus
6. Triple H
7. Randy Orton
8. Jeff Hardy
9. AJ Styles
10. Rey Mysterio

I'd say this list is pretty reasonable tbh.
Sorry if i've missed some obvious ones out, but this would probably be my list anyway. Undertaker would be top, but cos he's injured, i thought i'd knock him down to 2nd :p

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
I fail to see the Angle love. He was awesome years ago, but his lack of in-ring psychology is annoying me even more now... For me the #1 is Davey Richards. He may have some flawls, but he is seriously the best in the world right now

1. Davey Richards
2. Bryan Danielson
3. William Regal
4. Roderick Strong
5. CM Punk
6. Austin Aries
7. AJ Styles
8. Undertaker
9. Jericho
10. Angle

Honorable mentions to: Rey Rey, Cena, Wolfe, Místico, Tyler Black & Samoa Joe.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I fail to see the Angle love. He was awesome years ago, but his lack of in-ring psychology is annoying me even more now... For me the #1 is Davey Richards. He may have some flawls, but he is seriously the best in the world right now

1. Davey Richards
2. Bryan Danielson
3. William Regal
4. Roderick Strong
5. CM Punk
6. Austin Aries
7. AJ Styles
8. Undertaker
9. Jericho
10. Angle

Honorable mentions to: Rey Rey, Cena, Wolfe, Místico, Tyler Black & Samoa Joe.
Did you see the Steel Cage between him and Anderson, pure Ring Psychologie, as far as i am concerned, great Story.

I really see Cena as a great Worker, and he is able to tell a Story, would put him for sure udner the top 15, but there are some that are jsut greater as far as being able to do stuff.

And for the Guys that dont even put Taker on the list, come on he had like the past 2 Years the Matches of the Year.

·
Premium Member
5,363 Posts
Current WWE

Chris Jericho (Amazing in-ring ability and can work a match better than almost anyone)

Edge (Even through all his injuries he can still perform at a high level)

Randy Orton (Everything he does in the ring has an impact, even the simplest moves)

Triple H (Amazing in-ring psychology)

John Cena (Nobody tells a story better or has more emotion in a match than Cena)

Christian (Extremely crafty, can work great as face or heel, and never disappoints)

CM Punk (Always entertains in a match from an in-ring and psychological point of view)

Rey Mysterio (Extremely quick and always has you on the edge of your seat)

The Undertaker (Though he slowed down, he can still tell an epic story in matches)

Evan Bourne ( Great seller, very innovative, and fits the role of a true underdog)

Past WWE workers

Kurt Angle (Best athlete in the world, never fails to have a good match, and has amazing in-ring psychology)

Mr. Anderson (Sometimes sloppy, but still very entertaining and always telling a great story)

Rob Van Dam (Awesome moveset and one of the best sellers in pro wrestling history)

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Did you see the Steel Cage between him and Anderson, pure Ring Psychologie, as far as i am concerned, great Story.

I really see Cena as a great Worker, and he is able to tell a Story, would put him for sure udner the top 15, but there are some that are jsut greater as far as being able to do stuff.

And for the Guys that dont even put Taker on the list, come on he had like the past 2 Years the Matches of the Year.
If it was irony, OK for me.
BUT, as I recall he did a moonsault from the top of the cage, not really "pure Ring Psychologie".

1 - 20 of 40 Posts