Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Triple H, John Cena, and Randy Orton. For the most part, WWE has relied on those three and not much outside of those three, for the past six years.

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts
Punk isn't a golden boy at all. He's a guy who literally got to be a main eventer because he told the company he was quitting at a time when they absolutely couldn't afford to lose any more guys who are that good.

John Cena, Orton, Miz, Del Rio and Sheamus. That's it.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Orton. He's been so heavily protected, it's not even funny.

Punk isn't a golden boy at all. He's a guy who literally got to be a main eventer because he told the company he was quitting at a time when they absolutely couldn't afford it.
This. He is the exact opposite of a 'golden boy'.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
To me a "golden boy" is usually favored by booking,gets a lot of exposure and very protected.
Oh okay. Past and present?

Cena, Orton, Del Rio, Edge, Triple H... many more where that came from. Although Hunter is certainly the ultimate golden boy.
I will say it's amazing that Punk, with one promo, was able to make everybody forget about an entire year of PPV losses. That takes talent, shoot or otherwise.
And the New Nexus.... An even bigger feat, imo :p

·
Asuka
96,211 Posts

Cena, Orton, Del Rio, Edge, Triple H... many more where that came from. Although Hunter is certainly the ultimate golden boy.
I don't think Edge is a golden boy. He got to be a main eventer with years of hard work and proving that he could hang in a main event spot. Golden boy doesn't just mean main eventer, and even then, he was always a B level main eventer.

I'm gonna throw Batista's name into this because the protection that he got was just insane, and he got a storyline tailormade to make him the top guy of Raw when it could've gone to somebody 100 times better. I guess in the end, he made money and it worked out for them, so congratulations, but he certainly didn't make it based on merit.

·
Registered
6,001 Posts

And the New Nexus.... An even bigger feat, imo :p
*shudders*

I think it's for the best that we all act like New Nexus never happened.

·
Ted the Moth
12,865 Posts
I don't think Edge is a golden boy. He got to be a main eventer with years of hard work and proving that he could hang in a main event spot. Golden boy doesn't just mean main eventer, and even then, he was always a B level main eventer.
I think if he wasn't a golden boy, he would have been fired over Matt Hardy.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts