Wrestling Forum banner

Which WWE Segments Made You To Be Embarrassed As A Wrestling Fan?

4K views 56 replies 42 participants last post by  wrasslin_casual 
#1 ·
Which segments in WWE history made you to be embarrassed as a Wrestling Fan or cringe and why?

#15 ·
I could list off probably about 4-5 dozen things, but I'll just say the summer of 2009 when they overdosed on the Raw Celebrity Host bullshit and 99.98% of it was horrifically cringe-inducing to attempt to watch. The entire WWE as a whole was like an attention-seeking child during that time: "LOOK AT OUR SHOW!!! LOOK AT THE CELEBRITIES WE HAVE!!!!!! PLEASE ACCEPT US, MAINSTREAM POP CULTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

#9 · (Edited)
Honestly you could pick a million things just in the last 8 years or so. Off the top of my head..

-New Day appearing on my screen in general
-Lashley and his sisters
-Old Day
-JBL is Poopy
-Bayley This is Your Life
-Occupy RAW with Bryan
-Anything to do with the Fiend
-Almost everything involving Bray Wyatt, especially that time he "became" sister Abigail
-Anything to do with Alexa Bliss since she was paired with the Fiend
-Boy George Kanyon
-Sparkle crotch
-Anything involving AJ Lee. Legit one of the reasons I barely paid attention/watched around this time period other than skipping through shows online.
-Bellas feud in 2014
-Big Show crying
-"Tough" Becky Lynch and fans pretending she's a fraction as cool as Stone Cold was
-Pretty much everything John Cena did from 2008-2012
-Dean Ambrose loving hotdogs
-Dean Ambrose wearing a gas mask and being afraid of diseases
-Dean Ambrose feuding over a potted plant
-Most of Dean Ambrose in WWE
-Little People's Court
-Katie Vick
-All of the times they humiliated Jim Ross and that time they made fun of his surgery.

WWE comedy in general is some of the worst, bottom of the barrel rotten garbage on TV. Only greats like Steve Austin or Kurt Angle could pull it off.

#12 ·
meh... some of this stuff was really cute and well done. Especially liked when Miss Piggy got jealous of Kelly Kelly and Sheamus was revealed to be related to Beaker. Jack Swagger threatening Kermit. could understand why some people thought it was embarrassing, I saw it as two big forms of entertainment merging together for one night and there were some fun moments if you didn't take it too seriously.

#17 ·
The Boogeyman, New Day. And uh I dunno just a lot of the garbage kiddy humour coming out of WWEs arse in general in the past 10-15 years especially. I heard a Big Cass and Enzo promo that was just god awful and kiddy. Cass said something about not looking at someone with a banana in your mouth they went on and on and I feel sorry for anyone given that material even if it is/was paying their bills. Totally embarrassing to watch a PPV that horrible with a non wrestling fan around.

#26 ·
If you feel embarrassed by watching the aforementioned segments, how do you think the wrestlers feel performing them? The only one in WWE that is not embarrassed is Vince.

Reactions: 747089
#32 ·
If you feel embarrassed by watching the aforementioned segments, how do you think the wrestlers feel performing them? The only one in WWE that is not embarrassed is Vince.
I mean I'm surprised this never came up which shows just how much Vince is not embarrassed embarrassing himself or his company lol. I mean this is one of your top most money making stars ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.