Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Sami Zayn and Bobby Lashley’s “sisters.” Maybe the most cringeworthy segment in recent history.

When Jinder made fun of Nakamura’s speech.

And going way back the food fight between Harley Race and Jim Duggan at the first Slammys.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
So so many, too many to list ... probably Katie Vick, kiss my ass, the treatment of Trish, Brian Pillman are all up there. But there are many more. I don’t watch WWE anymore.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I mean I'm surprised this never came up which shows just how much Vince is not embarrassed embarrassing himself or his company lol. I mean this is one of your top most money making stars ever.

That segment was funny ,it is not cringe at all .I enjoyed it soon much and guess what happened after Austin gazed at that ass? He wooped it so bad with his belt lol.😂😂

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,193 Posts
Pretty much everything that happens in the modern Era. Bunch of pointless flippy shit that the fans mark for. Endless wooden, emotionless promos.

There's two acts in particular that are especially 'embarrassing' thesedays. Anything Fiend related, and anything with Miz and Morrison in it. The Fiend is self explanatory, while MnM's 'comedy' is just terrible.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,193 Posts
Blame the script writers,
Why would I blame the script writers?

Its not their fault most modern Pro Wrestlers have no personality, no charisma, no acting skills and no ability to convey emotion.

Promo skills doesn't mean material, promo skills is the delivery of material.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Any promo with new day when kofi was wwe champion. Trying to explain he was top dog of the company while they are throwing out pancakes and embarrassing gyrating.

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Why would I blame the script writers?

Its not their fault most modern Pro Wrestlers have no personality, no charisma, no acting skills and no ability to convey emotion.

Promo skills doesn't mean material, promo skills is the delivery of material.
Actually most modern pro wrestlers are quite good on the mic. They are just given bad material.

·
Registered
661 Posts
There has been many over the years, the first one that sticks in my mind as a youngster was at the 1993 Survivor Series in the elimination match pitting Doink's clown team of Men on a mission and the Bushwhackers vs Bam Bam Bigelow's team with Bastion Booger and the Headshrinkers.
I was only a child and I felt embarrassed watching wrestlers slip on banana peels and get pinned whilst a bushwhacker rode around the ring on a child's scooter. It was just plain bloody awful.

In modern day WWE any cinematic match. I abhore them as they crap all over any realism or suspension of disbelief that was once the magic of pro wrestling that got people invested. Cinematic matches may as well come with a before bulletin telling us all " the following is a pantomime exposing our business as a cast and crew, you can leave your investment in the product at the door".
The worst of which had to be that garbage Street Profits/Vikings/Ninjas nonsense involving a garbage skip and a garbage monster.
They even turned MITB into a nasty joke last year and the Bray Wyatt swamp stuff was pitiful.

Then you have segments like Lashley's sisters, Bayley's this is your life, the Bellas with Jerry Springer, the Total Diva's cast trying to work a match and more that deserve a honourable mention.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
I don't think I've felt embarrassed from watching but there have been times where I just think to myself "wtf am I doing with my life?" It used to happen when I used to watch Raw live a few years ago. I can't even pinpoint a particular moment that made me feel that way.

·
Registered
362 Posts
The fiends whole career, any female wrestling, all segments featuring Cena, anything to do with Batista post return, horrible comedy skits like the one announcing the three Manias, anything featuring Michaels after 2010, modern HIAC and Chamber matches....so so many

41 - 57 of 57 Posts