• Current CM Punk

Votes: 50 61.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People keep saying every super star has an "evolution" just like Randy Orton went from being the Legend Killer to the Viper

So I thought why not make a thread about CM Punk's evolution and which stage was preferred the most,The WWE's CM Punks

For me its definitely the SES CM Punk.The SES were in my opinion the greatest idea for a tag team ever made.The entire idea of a "Cult" that was CM Punk as a false prophet,an evil mastermind that tricks people into believing in him was perfect.I as an atheist who despises religion just LOVED it.The entire "Evil Jesus" thing he had going was too epic,Too epic to the fact that most of the christian fanbase got angry at how insulting to Jesus the entire gimmick was and how things like "Head Shaving" was similar to things the bible ordered Jesus's followers to do.Having the christian fanbase hate Punk made Punk the greatest heel in WWE history in my opinion

So which CM Punk do you prefer the most?

·
Registered
16,367 Posts
Current One by a mile.

although i am not a big fan of him or something.

His heel Run as SES and Nexus Sucked big time.
Agree, becuase while CM Spoke big and was great on the mic, his matches had him loose nearly all the time. If I would have to vote it would be the Early face CM Punk and the current one, having him in stables ruined him in my opinion.

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
Yeah when Punk was feuding with Hardy he was at the top of his game. Too bad Taker, SES, and Nexus crushed all his momentum for so long. The current one is going to get the majority of the votes though.

·
Really too good to wrestle in front of all you pri
1,660 Posts
The first Summer of Punk-Punk. I hated him at the time, but enjoyed it immensely.

In WWE terms his pre-SES heel and current persona are tied.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
2009 Summer of Punk is difficult to beat. The feud with Jeff Hardy... wow. Punk owned that, every week, every Smackdown. You believed in his character arc every step of the way. His feeling of actual hurt when the audience was clearly siding with Jeff over him. His little digs at Jeff's lifestyle. The eye plot point. His promos trying to rationally explain his position. His attempts to demonstrate how he was the good guy in this, if anything. His showing of respect to Hardy while still being passionate in delineating just why Hardy wasn't the best role model for the WWE fans (Jesus, were truer words ever spoken?). His quiet, almost eerie changing as the latter half of July rolled around. He began to preach. He began to rant, just a little. He talked down to the fans in Philadelphia at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. He seemed to be slipping, nearing the precipice, finding himself alone, realizing that the fans weren't with him and he wasn't with them.

The turn. Every week from the second week of the angle onward, I wondered, "When's he turning?" You knew it was coming. But they made you wait for it. From The Bash on, I thought, "Okay, it'll be this week," and it wasn't. Not until the very end of July. Punk was done with words, he had to let out his frustration, his anger, his bitterness over losing the World Heavyweight Championship to Jeff Hardy at Night of Champions, everything. So he beat Jeff Hardy down and told the medics to put him back together so he could break him apart again. Punk's descent into madness, into becoming a monster, was complete.

I just loved that angle. Every minute of it, every aspect of it. I loved The Hart Dynasty and John Morrison and the returning Matt Hardy all interweaving throughout so much of it.

'Course, the apex was Punk winning at Summerslam. Literally. Minute or so later, Taker returned and all that brilliance turned to garbage as the Punk/Taker feud was an agonizing disappointment capped off by a horribly immolating Hell in a Cell match in which Punk's status was quite visibly reduced.

I'll speak up for the Straight Edge Society Punk a bit. I think it was a fantastic concept, but it was unfortunately horribly executed, basically from the minute Punk lost at Wrestlemania (not saying that Punk's loss was the reason for it to begin to fall apart, just that the creative juices of it seemed to dry up the minute Punk/Rey concluded at Wrestlemania XXVI) until it finally, mercifully died just about a year ago now following Big Show's burial of the Society (I like using that word when it actually fits).

New Nexus Punk? No. It was just SES Punk warmed over, and the whole thing was quite clearly a massive waste. Say what you want about the SES but at least their story was concluded. The New Nexus just seemed to sort of evaporate several months ago, and the funniest part is nobody gives a shit about the why's, who's, where's or anything else about it. Punk was given some of the worst personalities in the entire company with whom to work (Otunga and McGillicutty being at the top--er, or bottom, in that respect) and while he tried to hold it together, it was just WWE spinning its wheels for some reason.

"Cult of Personality" Punk is a huge breath of fresh air, or at least it quite undeniably was for me until a couple weeks ago where Punk's character has been acting a bit too smarmy to like. One can hope that this will be corrected, either in the face of a Triple H heel turn or something, something which vindicates the Punk character in the fans' eyes. His "Cult of Personality" run is still very much in its infancy, so we have to give it some time to mature some. Yet it has already shown signs of being big. It's fun to watch because we seem to be entering an era in which babyfaces can be cool again, so to speak. Even, say what you will about Orton, but you've got a psychopath as Smackdown's top face and now just narrowly beneath Cena you have Punk, a loudmouth asshole and shameless provocateur of sorts, as an ostensible face battling a corrupt institution. It points to exciting times ahead.

·
Banned
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
2009 Summer of Punk is difficult to beat. The feud with Jeff Hardy... wow. Punk owned that, every week, every Smackdown. You believed in his character arc every step of the way. His feeling of actual hurt when the audience was clearly siding with Jeff over him. His little digs at Jeff's lifestyle. The eye plot point. His promos trying to rationally explain his position. His attempts to demonstrate how he was the good guy in this, if anything. His showing of respect to Hardy while still being passionate in delineating just why Hardy wasn't the best role model for the WWE fans (Jesus, were truer words ever spoken?). His quiet, almost eerie changing as the latter half of July rolled around. He began to preach. He began to rant, just a little. He talked down to the fans in Philadelphia at the Night of Champions pay-per-view. He seemed to be slipping, nearing the precipice, finding himself alone, realizing that the fans weren't with him and he wasn't with them.

The turn. Every week from the second week of the angle onward, I wondered, "When's he turning?" You knew it was coming. But they made you wait for it. From The Bash on, I thought, "Okay, it'll be this week," and it wasn't. Not until the very end of July. Punk was done with words, he had to let out his frustration, his anger, his bitterness over losing the World Heavyweight Championship to Jeff Hardy at Night of Champions, everything. So he beat Jeff Hardy down and told the medics to put him back together so he could break him apart again. Punk's descent into madness, into becoming a monster, was complete.

I just loved that angle. Every minute of it, every aspect of it. I loved The Hart Dynasty and John Morrison and the returning Matt Hardy all interweaving throughout so much of it.

'Course, the apex was Punk winning at Summerslam. Literally. Minute or so later, Taker returned and all that brilliance turned to garbage as the Punk/Taker feud was an agonizing disappointment capped off by a horribly immolating Hell in a Cell match in which Punk's status was quite visibly reduced.

I'll speak up for the Straight Edge Society Punk a bit. I think it was a fantastic concept, but it was unfortunately horribly executed, basically from the minute Punk lost at Wrestlemania (not saying that Punk's loss was the reason for it to begin to fall apart, just that the creative juices of it seemed to dry up the minute Punk/Rey concluded at Wrestlemania XXVI) until it finally, mercifully died just about a year ago now following Big Show's burial of the Society (I like using that word when it actually fits).

New Nexus Punk? No. It was just SES Punk warmed over, and the whole thing was quite clearly a massive waste. Say what you want about the SES but at least their story was concluded. The New Nexus just seemed to sort of evaporate several months ago, and the funniest part is nobody gives a shit about the why's, who's, where's or anything else about it. Punk was given some of the worst personalities in the entire company with whom to work (Otunga and McGillicutty being at the top--er, or bottom, in that respect) and while he tried to hold it together, it was just WWE spinning its wheels for some reason.

"Cult of Personality" Punk is a huge breath of fresh air, or at least it quite undeniably was for me until a couple weeks ago where Punk's character has been acting a bit too smarmy to like. One can hope that this will be corrected, either in the face of a Triple H heel turn or something, something which vindicates the Punk character in the fans' eyes. His "Cult of Personality" run is still very much in its infancy, so we have to give it some time to mature some. Yet it has already shown signs of being big. It's fun to watch because we seem to be entering an era in which babyfaces can be cool again, so to speak. Even, say what you will about Orton, but you've got a psychopath as Smackdown's top face and now just narrowly beneath Cena you have Punk, a loudmouth asshole and shameless provocateur of sorts, as an ostensible face battling a corrupt institution. It points to exciting times ahead.
This guy knows whats up :)

·
Banned
1,060 Posts
CM Punk who feuded with Jeff Hardy. That feud was a double-star making feud. It made both men look A+.

It's a shame that Jeff left and fucked his life up, because fuck me, the man was talented and could have been a staple for SmackDown many years to come.

·
Registered
572 Posts
A couple of weeks ago I would have said Current Punk no doubt, but now I have to go with Punk during the Jeff fued, he has sucked balls consistently apart from that (and to a lesser extent now).

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
I preferred the CM Punk pre-SES heel character, the one who feuded with Jeff Hardy and Undertaker.. Sarcastic yet diabolical. Drastic yet smart. Physically vicious yet seemingly calm.
Same here. Thats the CM Punk that I can see being the most over. The shoot promo thing was ok. But his feud with Hardy was well done and worked much better than this.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts