Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rewatched Darren Aronofsky's "The Wrestler" recently and it got me thinking. If you could make a movie on the life of any real wrestler- past or present, alive or dead, male or female, WWE or non WWE, both inside and outside the ring, who would you choose? Who's life and career- both kayfabe and real would make the best or most entertaining movie?

Also, please mention what things/incidents you would include in it.

I recently read a few news reports that said a movie on Chris Benoit is in the pipeline. So, make sure you answer with some other name.

I would choose someone between Ric Flair and Bret Hart. Flair survived a plane crash and became the GOAT, achieving unprecedented success and superstardom. Unfortunately, his real life didn't go so well and he has been hit with many difficulties- debt, divorces, death of his sons. Yet, he seems to crave the spotlight and only seems content when he is actively involved in the business.

As for Bret, obviously the Screwjob, the stroke, a rivalry with Shawn, Owen's death, falling out and later reconciling with Vince, becoming a bitter man etc would make an interesting movie as well.

So who would you make a movie on? Sound off below.

EDIT: Damn, this ended up in Rants fpalm. I wanted to post it in General WWE, unfortunately it was open on the adjacent tab. Can someone move it please?

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Vince Russo - The American Dream

How you can make it from working in a local video store to being a headwriter during the most successful wrestling period

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
Mick Foley

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There should also be a movie on Mildred Burke. Pioneer of women's wrestling, beating so many men, many of them in shoot fights, getting cheated by her husband etc. Could be good.

Or maybe the Von Erich family.

Reactions: MinistryDeadman95

·
Registered
6,245 Posts
A Von Erich family movie would be interesting but probably too damn sad.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Von Erich family movie would be interesting but probably too damn sad.

Yep, but the Oscars love that shit :D They could end the movie showing Lacey Von Erich getting into TNA and "continuing the legacy", while not showing how horrible she actually was.

Reactions: ManureTheBear

·
Acknowledged by Lex Luger
443 Posts
Any legend would be cool. But i'd like to see a average guy like Kofi, who just graduated college was working a 9-5 saw a flier for wrestling school or some shit forgot what he said but then followed his dream yadada.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts