Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
9,797 Posts
I had no clue all that happened to Rob Conway. Honestly, I don't even think that was intended to bury him. He had a pretty solid role in the company for a long time and I'm pretty sure they offered him a job as a trainer.

The answer is Booker T. WrestleMania XIX was FUCKING AWFUL. And then you can go to DDP, where The Undertaker had his wife pin him. At least Mero was pinned by his own wife, but yeah, that buried him too. As far as a guy not having a fucking chance, Mike Kanellis had a job that would have wrecked havoc on someone's mental health. He didn't stand a fucking chance. Sure, he can technically wrestle again, but he will always have that stuff following him around.

Vader is a good shout too. Shawn Michaels made him cry. Fuck.

·
Registered
14,228 Posts
John Cena in his matches with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. Can you imagine the humiliation of not being able to stand over your opponent and laugh at them after no-selling every move in the match? Can you imagine how hard it was for Cena having to trade barbs with people not told to be silent as he speaks and don't reply? The utter humiliation Cena must have felt in those matches is truly heartbreaking! His stock was basically destroyed after those matches! Vince should have been fired for that!

·
Registered
138 Posts
And not one mention of Terry Taylor as the Red Rooster! I'm sure if he got a dollar for ever cock-a -doodle doo he's had since leaving WWF he'd have more money than the Shieks

So many to chose from all in their own unique way:

Hawk
Ultimo Dragon
Mark Henry
Mike Shaw

Spring to mind first for me

·
Registered
963 Posts
And then you can go to DDP, where The Undertaker had his wife pin him. At least Mero was pinned by his own wife, but yeah, that buried him too.
I was going to bring that up too when I saw the Mero post on the first page. Dallas got to job to Taker's wife, who wasn't even a wrestler or long-time performer.

Public Enemy in WWF got a pretty vicious one too. Lita on the way out really got treated poorly. Dusty at the end of his WWF run in 1991 was booked fairly shitty.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,264 Posts
Rusev organically got over as a babyface and a heel on numerous occasions and his reward was multiple storylines where he was a sap and a cuckold, the last one with his own wife, that lasted months, felt like years for the viewers and must have felt like eons for Rusev.
Any time you talk about promising money drawing midcard acts who could have been popular and drawn more money for the company for years that are just ruthlessly booked into oblivion, the rejoinder is, "Oh, he wasn't heavyweight material. He wasn't championship material." Look, all I'm asking for is the undercard and midcard be treated with a little dignity and some semblance of care. After Rusev, I'll say Zack Ryder. What was the rationale for having Ryder get kneed in the nuts by his girlfriend, who was stolen from him by a purported squeaky clean moralizing babyface, and then beaten into a wheelchair by Kane before being thrown off a ramp and then not doing anything with the guy for the next...9 or 10 years?

·
Butter My Arse
11,758 Posts
DDP during the Invasion. Just another addition to the large list of fuckups that made this angle a complete horror show.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Bart Gunn. The guy won the shoot fighting tournament (Brawl For All) and then disappeared from TV after that. He was literally punished for winning the tournament.

Also Kane after losing his mask. He went from "indestructible big red monster" to mid-car jobber.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
DDP when he came to the WWE/F. Not only was he put in a shitty stalker angle but then the Undertaker pretty much buried him in the match

Booker T with the Trips racist storyline only to also beat Booker at the end ...
Lance Storm, my god he was boring but Steve Austin pretty much buried the guy :D

41 - 52 of 52 Posts