Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
Ken Patera
Gorilla Monsoon in a call-out to the past, where the former Olympian retired him, talked about Patera's diminishing skills after Patera sustained several weeks of consecutive losses. See 7:45

Dean Douglas

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage

EC3

·
Premium Member
14,932 Posts
Vader was pretty badly used because he was a stiff worker and Michaels didn't wanna work with him so he was done as quick as he arrived. Big show going to developmental tho was for him to lose weight and same with Mark Henry at that time
With Vader, I was basing it on the "big fat piece of shit" promo as that (along with JR's later comments) seem to indicate that's exactly what the company saw him as.

You're right about Big Show but there's still the other stuff.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Damien Sandow went from being Mr. Money in The Bank almost a guaranteed World Championship reign to losing to Cena after attacking Cenas hurt arm after a match. Cena buried him with 1 arm and his career went downhill to being a stunt double for The Miz and losing his savior of the masses gimmick. Later being released and playing a gay guy in TNA.
WWE was burying Sandow BEFORE the Cena match. The man couldn't even get a single win over Cody Rhodes in their entire feud and he was jobbing to Santino.

·
Registered
5,793 Posts
Strictly WWE...

Austin after his walkout got the worst burial I've ever seen. You can literally see Vince seething in that Confidential show. Imagine booking 2 shows just to bury a top guy. Shawn has walked out on WWE multiple times and never got buried like that.

Followed by Ziggler, Miz and Daniel Bryan. 3 very over and talented performers and they get fed to shmucks like Reigns, and Rollins made no sense to me.

Ambrose's burial tour when he gave his notice to the WWE also was not good.

·
Registered
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Strictly WWE...

Austin after his walkout got the worst burial I've ever seen. You can literally see Vince seething in that Confidential show. Imagine booking 2 shows just to bury a top guy. Shawn has walked out on WWE multiple times and never got buried like that.
do you have video on that one? curious to see

also forgot to include this one for Rob Conway:

beaten up by the Legends. 😣

^
skip to 3:45 :ROFLMAO: the reaction when he finally broke his losing streak

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Kairi Sane most recently. Booker T and Jericho all buried by Triple H was ridiculous. They deserved more than just being mid-carders. Id have to think about Cenas burials but then again anything from the past decade is kind of a blur to me.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Strictly WWE...

Followed by Ziggler, Miz and Daniel Bryan. 3 very over and talented performers and they get fed to shmucks like Reigns, and Rollins made no sense to me.

Ambrose's burial tour when he gave his notice to the WWE also was not good.
It astounds me how much the Shield guys who have never been overly compelling are the chosen ones over much more talented and more over performers. Miz and Morrison have literally lost to evreryone on Smackdown recently as has Ziggler. All really solid on the mic and in the ring. You see clear as day the stars of the show, theyre blatantly glowing. Lets just hope Big E gets his moment now.

·
Registered
259 Posts
It astounds me how much the Shield guys who have never been overly compelling are the chosen ones over much more talented and more over performers. Miz and Morrison have literally lost to evreryone on Smackdown recently as has Ziggler. All really solid on the mic and in the ring. You see clear as day the stars of the show, theyre blatantly glowing. Lets just hope Big E gets his moment now.
because from the jump they was the 3 chosen guys to be the big names on the show especially reigns and Rollins I think Ambrose was destined to be a upper mid card guy but your right none of them have never been compelling Rollins is very good in the ring reigns is good but not amazing but he has a look that can sell so they use it. but in terms of character there's a lot of guys on the roster who are better. They've went from pushing guys with character to guys who can be Marketable there guys you can put on talk shows to shill the company

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
because from the jump they was the 3 chosen guys to be the big names on the show especially reigns and Rollins I think Ambrose was destined to be a upper mid card guy but your right none of them have never been compelling Rollins is very good in the ring reigns is good but not amazing but he has a look that can sell so they use it. but in terms of character there's a lot of guys on the roster who are better. They've went from pushing guys with character to guys who can be Marketable there guys you can put on talk shows to shill the company
I really think that Rhyno could cut better promos than modern day Reigns. Actually if Rhyno were given a script hed do a better job most likely and they much pretty much look alike. The thing is the look isnt everything. Even Batista, Brock and Goldberg werent as horrible on the mic as Reigns is. The standards of what it takes to be a world champion in this era has reduced drastically. Yet everyone blames WWE for giving these guys scripts. I think Roman would be much better off in AEW where he can find his comfort zone. Good on Jericho for mentioning that also.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Daniel Bryan losing in 18 seconds was a pretty bad burial. Obviously it failed but it was clear they were sending a message that Bryan was not what they wanted in a World Champion and tried to send him packing to the midcard.
That wasn’t a burial, he went in at mania as the World heavyweight champ and was also mitb winner before that.

You don’t make someone champ and make him hold the title til mania just so you can send a message that you don’t like him.

Bryan was in a semi comedy storyline with Aj Lee and his 18 sec loss was protected as he was distracted being an asshole to his hot gf which made him turn his back to Sheamus and so he got a surprise finisher and lost .

It was supposed to be a start of a storyline between him and lee where he gets even more abusive to her as time goes but people took it as a burial.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mike kanellis being outright called a beta cuck by Corey Graves on national TV was one of the most brutal things a wrestler experienced

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
That wasn’t a burial, he went in at mania as the World heavyweight champ and was also mitb winner before that.

You don’t make someone champ and make him hold the title til mania just so you can send a message that you don’t like him.

Bryan was in a semi comedy storyline with Aj Lee and his 18 sec loss was protected as he was distracted being an asshole to his hot gf which made him turn his back to Sheamus and so he got a surprise finisher and lost .

It was supposed to be a start of a storyline between him and lee where he gets even more abusive to her as time goes but people took it as a burial.
You make it sound like Bryan being champ was a long term plan. Barrett was supposed to win MITB but they changed their minds last second because they didn't want two heels winning MITB (Del Rio won the other) Bryan has confirmed this in interviews. Then Bryan cashed in successfully because Mark Henry got injured in December. Bryan was fortunate to find himself World Champion going in to Mania and WWE wanted to change that. The 18 second loss was an intentional way of lowering his status as a main eventer. That's what a burial is.

The next night on Raw after Mania, Bryan wasn't even on the show. Sheamus moved on into a program with Del RIo, then the backlash caused WWE to change their minds and swap out Del Rio for Bryan. No way was it intended for Bryan to stay in the main event scene.

·
Registered
395 Posts
You make it sound like Bryan being champ was a long term plan. Barrett was supposed to win MITB but they changed their minds last second because they didn't want two heels winning MITB (Del Rio won the other) Bryan has confirmed this in interviews. Then Bryan cashed in successfully because Mark Henry got injured in December. Bryan was fortunate to find himself World Champion going in to Mania and WWE wanted to change that. The 18 second loss was an intentional way of lowering his status as a main eventer. That's what a burial is.

The next night on Raw after Mania, Bryan wasn't even on the show. Sheamus moved on into a program with Del RIo, then the backlash caused WWE to change their minds and swap out Del Rio for Bryan. No way was it intended for Bryan to stay in the main event scene.
It doesn’t matter what they intended . Guys like Rusev or Ziggler or Alister Black are dreaming to get “burried” the way Bryan was. Win the mitb , cash successfully , have a few months reign and only lose at mania vs the RR winner in a screwy protected way where they get distracted so they get hit outa nowhere .

He won the title and went to mania as a champ. That’s a huge deal for most wrestlers careers , the way he lost doesn’t matter as after that loss he had a “world heavyweight champion “ on his resume .

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ken Patera
Gorilla Monsoon in a call-out to the past, where the former Olympian retired him, talked about Patera's diminishing skills after Patera sustained several weeks of consecutive losses. See 7:45
Brutal. Kenny looked especially stupid at the end of the match.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
The Miz's 'feud' with Shane was the worst burial we've seen in a while.

The Babyface is betrayed, has his family brought into things and attacked, then goes on to lose to the heel 3 times without ever getting any revenge and has maybe won 1 match in the year and bit since then.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts