Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Stopping The Show
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking earlier about the whole Owen and Triple H "The Game" thing and was trying to think of other guys who could have took on someone elses persona or gimmick if that guy was unavailable or hadn't been given it.

Obviously they wouldnt be a carbon copy as i think each gimmick or persona is just as much to do with there own personality as well as the way there written.For example I dont think Owen's character would have evolved into how Triples Character did by the early 00's.

Also some persona's come naturally and are just an extension of there own personality at the time (HBK,Flair,Hogan) and so the persona comes from them and not from writing as much.

So what im asking is who do you think could take on another Wrestlers persona and play and played the role as close to it as possible.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Re: Which Wrestlers do you think could have played other Wrestlers persona's/gimmicks

Bret Hart as the degenerate sexy boy.
Undertaker as Ric Flair.
The Rock as Undertaker.
Stone Cold as Kurt Angle.
Vince as Stone Cold.
Shawn Michaels as Goldberg.
Stone Cold as Vince.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Re: Which Wrestlers do you think could have played other Wrestlers persona's/gimmicks

Zack Ryder could've played Hawkin's gimmick

Cena could've played R-Truth's

Austin could've played Orton's

Sting could've played Taker and vice-versa

Dr. Isaac Yankem could've played Kane

"Mean" Mark Callows could've played Taker

Swagger could've played Angle that could've played Bret that could've played Dynamite Kid

Bryan Danielson could've played Daniel Bryan

The Ringmaster could've played Stone Cold but not vice-versa

Luke Gallows could've played Festus who could've played George "The Animal" Steel

·
You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts

Immediately Drew McIntyre springs to mind of playing Randy Orton’s Viper gimmick. He wouldn’t be as agile as Orton but he will definitely fit the Viper gimmick to the core and possibly even better then Orton himself.

Zack Ryder can easily have the gimmick of the Miz, both comedy characters just one being a jobber and one getting a massive push, nothing really different from them.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts

Jericho can play the following people:
The Game
The Rock(not as well, but follow the same premise)
Flair's gimmick
Bret Hart's gimmick, with more mic work
Orton's legend Killer(maybe)
HHH evolution gimmick
Dashing Cody RHodes(lol jk)
Edge's ultimate Opportunist
probably more

Punk can play:
The Game
Legend Killer
Bret Hart
Ultimate Opportunist
Cerebral Assassin
Wade Barret's Nexus Leader persona
a variation of Scott Hall's "Say hello to the bad guy"
Batista's last gimmick
any other asshole gimmick

Flair as evolution HHH
Cena as Hogan(80s)
John Morrison as Ultimate Warrior(see dirtsheet)
John Morrison as HBK's gimmick(sexy boy)
Kofi Kingston as Booker T
Orton as Austin 3:16
Orton as the Cerebral Assassin
Edge as the Viper(w/o snake puns, he plays psycho well)
etc.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts

Maybe this is quite a stretch but i think Ted DiBiase can play John Cena's "goody good man" character very well, i have a feeling he seems more natural as a babyface.

·
Registered
4,272 Posts

I think pretty much every big guy that has a respectable amount of charisma can play the old Kane. He was literally just a brick wall, he had Paul Bearer drawing the heat for him with his mic work, his moveset and mannerisms was a direct rip-off of the Undertaker.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts

i think buddy rogers could have played ric flairs gimmick
:D
aww i see what you did there, rep this

·
Registered
3,499 Posts

Drew McIntyre could play the Game

Beth Phoenix could play Big Momma Pump

John Cena could play JTG or R-Truth.

Jericho could play the Rock.

John Morrison could play the Ultimate Warrior.

Layla could play the Iron Sheikess.

John Cena could play Juan Cena.

Darren Young could play John AND Juan Cena.

·
Premium Member
2,318 Posts

Any diva search diva = Pepe.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.