Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of the wrestlers we grew up watching have died over the last 10 years. Of these, which hit you the hardest?

I'm gonna have to say "Macho Man" Randy Savage because I used to be a fan of the guy and he is probably one of the biggest names out of all of them that have died. Also, it was really unexpected and sudden. We hadn't heard much about the guy in years and then boom he's gone.

Honorable mentions: Mr. Perfect and Chris Benoit.

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
Christopher Benoit

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
The one that really had me emotional was Chris Benoit, maybe more because of his son. And if nobody has watched the Billy Jack Haynes shoot interview, I recommend it, simply for the outrageous claims made by Billy Jack regarding his theory on what happened with Benoit.

Owen Hart was pretty sad, as well. In a business with so many assholes, Owen seemed to be one of the very view nice guys, despite WWE clearly taking advantage of him and making him uncomfortable.

And I can't forget about Chris Candido. He overcame his drug problems and seemed to be finally headed down the right path but complications during surgery for a broken leg closed the book of life for him.

Honorable mention to Trent Acid, JC Bailey & Kerry Von Erich.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one that really had me emotional was Chris Benoit, maybe more because of his son. And if nobody has watched the Billy Jack Haynes shoot interview, I recommend it, simply for the outrageous claims made by Billy Jack regarding his theory on what happened with Benoit.

Owen Hart was pretty sad, as well. In a business with so many assholes, Owen seemed to be one of the very view nice guys, despite WWE clearly taking advantage of him and making him uncomfortable.

And I can't forget about Chris Candido. He overcame his drug problems and seemed to be finally headed down the right path but complications during surgery for a broken leg closed the book of life for him.

Honorable mention to Trent Acid, JC Bailey & Kerry Von Erich.
Is that the one where he says it was Kevin Sullivan?

·
Registered
822 Posts
Eddie without a doubt- it was just so sudden, one week he was wrestling on Smackdown, the next he was dead.

I was also saddened by Umaga passing away, he was one of my favourite heels during his run- a very athletic and monsterous looking big guy.

·
Banned
852 Posts
The two that stand out the most are Curt Hennig and Eddie Guerrero. Being born and raised in Minnesota, Curt Hennig's death was pretty big news here. Eddie Guerrero died no more than a 20 minute drive from where I was living at the time. Chris Benoit's was certainly the most shocking, I remember I was visiting my mother's and we were looking for something to watch on television. We had ended up on the Benoit tribute show, and my mom asked if he had died. I just assumed that he was retiring or something, as I had not watched wrestling since late 2003 and did not know whether or not he was an active competitor. I didn't know until I saw a "In Loving Memory" graphic that he had died, and of course did not know the circumstances for a while after the fact.

·
Premium Member
19,306 Posts
Curt Hennig.

When I got into wrestling at a very young age, I always favored the heroes / faces, like most children do. Hulkamania got me into wrestling before I can even remember, and Bret Hart quickly became my favorite wrestler when I was four years old. But Mr. Perfect, even as a cocky, prick heel, was always one guy who I damn near idolized. Watching his Hall of Fame induction made me cry like a baby. RIP.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Billy Jack claims Vince was the father of Daniel and I guess Benoit knew and couldn't live with it. I don't believe it's true, as Billy Jack is so anti-WWE that it isn't funny but at the same, you never know.
Oh yeah I remember now. He said Nancy and Vince were doing things in a limo among other things... Wasn't he one of the ones in the early 90's that was making allegations against Pat Patterson on the Phil Donahue show?

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
wasnt even aware of own death at the time.
eddie was big shock
benoit was an even bigger shock
but what really got to me was after savage died i didnt really care like as if he was a jobber and had no history in wrestling.

·
Premium Member
15,182 Posts
Oh yeah I remember now. He said Nancy and Vince were doing things in a limo among other things... Wasn't he one of the ones in the early 90's that was making allegations against Pat Patterson on the Phil Donahue show?
Yeah, thats him. But, I think he is nothing more than a disgruntled, former employee, pissed because he didn't get the push that he didn't deserve.

But everything he said in that shoot seems like total BS, especially coming from a guy who pretty much is blackballed from the business and likely has no ties to anybody in the WWE.

I bet Vince seen that shoot and laughed.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts