Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Eva Marie: fans complain about her "push" but I don't even think WWE is really trying to push her, not in comparison to the 4 Horsewomen/Asuka/Alexa. Was she ever even champion? Did she mainevent PPVs? Did she have a long reign? Does she take up a lot of screen time every week with long promos/long matches?

2. Natalya: I see may complaints like "Ugh WWE is pushing Natayla?! She's so boring." But I don't think she is pushed hard at all. She's been champion once or twice and they were short reigns. She doesn't take up a lot of tv time and her matches are not promoted as big deals. Compared to 4 Horsewomen/Alexa/Asuka, she is underrated.

3. Tamina/Nia: Only recently have they been pushed and gotten more tv time/matches. But I don't see the shows revolving them or putting them in important storyline for years.

It's funny how there are dozens of wrestlers who get way more opportunities yet these four are considered overpushed.

·
The Babyface of WF
"What I've always wanted...A better world"
18,924 Posts
My Tribal Chief obviously.

People crying about him being overrated but really he's come into his own since turning Heel, I recall a plethora of times when people said to me a Heel turn won't fix what's broke at any given time.

Man were they stupid....

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Seth Rollins. As a heel he’s great and always has really good matches.for example his match with Edge was the best one of Summerslam.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Roman reigns. He is overrated as hell but he he's got a good look and he turned heel so the IWC jumped on the bandwagon about him being such a big deal .yet he sucks on the mic and still not cool on promos in fact Brock ,edge are far better but who cares wwe has booked the whole company around him and we are to believe he is such a big deal .he sucks as a heel and sucks as a face .

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Roman reigns and Kenny omega both receive unfair criticism for being pushed. Most criticism comes from the opposing fan base.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I'm not shocked Reigns has appeared in this thread. The reason why I hated him as a face is because he was booked as a Cena-esque super powered badass while having a boring moveset, terrible promos, and some of the cringiest segments in recent history.

The only difference between face roman and heel roman is that he does less goofy shit. Buthe's still never the best part of the match, never giving promos that standout, even in an age where guys like terrible talkers like Bianca and Charlotte are given time on the mic. People are trying make seem so cool when the reality is that now, he barely does anything and that's his heel gimmick.

·
Premium Member
1,339 Posts
I guess Goldberg would be my main pick in terms of online communities like here. Always thought he ruled. Dude comes out snorting and spitting like some uncaged animal and then just beats the everliving crap out of people. He always worked great with guys like Steiner cause they'd just wail on each other as hard as they could. Not to mention his awesome physical charisma and intensity. Always found his matches in WCW very exciting and the crowds did as well.

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Obviously Cena in his peak used to get criticized but he was clearly the biggest draw at the time.

There also is a negative reaction to whenever Orton wins the World Title, even when he is the best thing on the show such as last year.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I guess Goldberg would be my main pick in terms of online communities like here. Always thought he ruled. Dude comes out snorting and spitting like some uncaged animal and then just beats the everliving crap out of people. He always worked great with guys like Steiner cause they'd just wail on each other as hard as they could. Not to mention his awesome physical charisma and intensity. Always found his matches in WCW very exciting and the crowds did as well.
He's simply underappreciated in current times because wrestling fans have mostly devolved into midget loving, work rate obsessed, fake mat wrestling adoring, super smark freaks who worship charisma vacuum dweebs.

Don't get me wrong, WWE needs to stop wheeling him out now, but in his prime and even his 2016 return he was actually a perfect example of what professional wrestling (not Olympic amateur wrestling, as some seem to think it should be or want it to be) is really all about - excitement. No one has ever brought as much intensity, explosiveness and physical/silent charisma as Goldberg did. That, his power and his look you cannot teach or fake. Add to those things his brilliant entrance and theme and there's no wonder why he was so insanely over at his peak.

People can try and revise it all they like, but at the absolute height of his popularity Goldberg was a huge draw and just about as popular as anyone has ever been in the business. Fact. He's just criminally underrated by the morons who make up the majority of modern day fans because "GoLdBuRg CaNt WrAsSlE gD!". Idiots.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts