Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which performer came and went from 2000-2010 without reaching their full potential?

WWE was about to strap the Brock rocket to him, if not for injuries and bonehead mistakes he would be the face of WWE right about now. He surely did not reach his potential.

If booked properly he could have been elevated to main eventer status without a issue.

I have no idea how Test never evolved into a main eventer. He had everything Vince desires in a main eventer.

·
Rated R Superstar
14,586 Posts
I agree with MVP and Kennedy. I'll also toss Carlito and Elijah Burke in there, great talents. I also feel as though Chris Masters could have gone a lot further, especially after how much he improved.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Banned
852 Posts
If horrible WWE runs count, even though they have all had great careers elsewhere(and in some cases, earlier WWE runs): Ultimo Dragon, Dean Malenko, Scott Steiner, Raven, DDP, and pretty much everybody that was brought over from WCW in the first few years.

As far as new talents: John Morrison(though I feel that he'll return this year or next)

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Anderson, The Pope and MVP are the top 3. Real money potential.

Test was over huge in 99 but the HHH storyline destroyed all his momentum.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
MVP and Kennedy had too many chances.

Carlito is one. Kane is another. It wasn't anyone's fault with Kane, though. He was built as *the* monster of mosnters and then... he had downards to go.
D'Lo Brown. Although I think he was horrible on the mic.
Val Venis but I think after that "choppa your pee pee" angle... nothing could save him.
Perry Saturn was another one.
Rikishi, amazing guy but stuck in midcard Hell.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I liked Test a lot back in the day thought he had decent ability for a big dude.Rhyno also should of been bigger as well.

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
I liked Test a lot back in the day thought he had decent ability for a big dude.Rhyno also should of been bigger as well.
Good call on Rhyno. I never knew him in ECW, much.
But in WWE he was wasted.

If we can count WWE runs: Tommy Dreamer. Amazing, one Hell of a guy and then in the shitty ECW brand, he gets the world title. Yay, ruin the product and then award him the ruined title.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anderson, The Pope and MVP are the top 3. Real money potential.

Test was over huge in 99 but the HHH storyline destroyed all his momentum.
I should have mentioned the pope. It is a shame, he is the most misused talent in the industry. Both WWE and TNA have screwed him over.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Muhammad Hassan. It's really a shame what happened to Hassan because he was a terrific heel, a great talker and a great in ring performer.
That guy is severely overrated.

Reactions: kersed

·
Registered
193 Posts
Mr. Kenedy

Carlito

Test

·
Ted the Moth
12,866 Posts
MVP and Kennedy had too many chances.

Carlito is one. Kane is another. It wasn't anyone's fault with Kane, though. He was built as *the* monster of mosnters and then... he had downards to go.
D'Lo Brown. Although I think he was horrible on the mic.
Val Venis but I think after that "choppa your pee pee" angle... nothing could save him.
Perry Saturn was another one.
Rikishi, amazing guy but stuck in midcard Hell.
I didn't think anyone else agreed with me. Val Venis had a GREAT look, was good in the ring and above average on the mic. A little repackaging here and there, and they could have had at least a solid upper midcarder on their hands for a while, instead of him being saddled with a 500lbs tub of shit that was Viscera. I wouldn't wish that on anyone :(
That guy is severely overrated.
I must say, he benefited greatly from that gimmick of his.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts