Wrestling Forum banner

Which Wrestlemania match would have been better?

• Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Undertaker vs. Chris Benoit

Votes: 19 63.3%

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Undertaker vs. Christ Benoit

or

The Undertaker vs. Eddie Guerrero

I'm sure that both of these matches happened at one point or another, and I'm sure they were great matches, but for the life of me, I can not remember when they happened (if someone could fill that in, I would appreciate it).

Taker vs. Benoit would have been a classic due to Benoit's technical ability. He, in my eyes, would have been one of the most feared in the eyes of fans of Taker's streak. He was a wrestling machine and probably would have come even closer to beating him (kayfabe) than HBK, Edge and Batista did.

Taker vs. Eddie would have been even greater, I think, due to Eddies character to cheat during matches. His (kayfabe) ability to cheat and get away with it would have been a HUGE threat to the Undertaker and would have made for a very exciting match. Also, while not AS technical as Benoit, he was still a very, very skilled wrestler. His luchador style would have made for some great spots.

So I'm going to go with Taker vs. Eddie.

Your thoughts?

·
Banned
18,557 Posts
Definitely Eddie / Taker. Not only at least a guaranteed 3 to 4 star match, but Eddie's chickenshit antics would've been hilarious and added to the match.

- Vic

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
I'd only put Eddie vs Taker instead of Benoit if Taker was in the ABA gimmick, I couldn't see Eddie doing his typical cheating ways which is hilarious against the deadman. Where as Benoit vs Deadman would be a straight up no shit match.

But yeah, Eddie vs American Bad Ass Taker could've been a legendary WM match.

·
Registered
3,273 Posts
Both would of been immense matches ,with it being on the grandstage with Taker's streak on the line it would of made it all that more intresting.

You could of had heel Eddie ,lying ,cheating and trying to steal his way to victory and pulled out every trick in the book.As someone mentioned his antics would of been priceless ,would of been a great story driven match up where Eddie's chicken shit antics would of flourished.

On the other hand you could of had Benoit using his insane intensity to do everything in his power to break the streak.It would of been an immense match to say the least with Benoit throwing everything in his arsneal at an attempt to topple the deadman and taking a insane amount of punishment in the process.Would of been an intense ,gripping ,hard hitting and technical war.

I honestly can't decide to be honest ,I could give the nod to Eddie by the smallest fraction ever ,just because someone said the build up to the actual match would be a lot more entertaining and engrossing.They both would be classics though in my opinion ,shame they will never happen to be honest.:(

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Eduardo and Taker by a hair would of been better, Eddie would of brought more to the match with his comedic style and it would of been interesting how he'd act with Undertaker sitting up and all that stuff, although I would of preffered Benoit v. Taker being the big Benoit mark and Taker mark that I am.

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
Benoit seemed more dependable at Wrestlemania. I found Eddie's matches with Mysterio and Angle underwhelming, but im not sure if he'd work with The Undertaker to a higher quality, but I think Benoit would have done and better.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Both these matches would have been great and definately MOTY candidates. Even though I am one of Eddie's biggest fans I would want to see Benoit/Taker first. That would have been a great all action match. I'm sure if both these great wrestlers were with us today we would have seen these matches at WM eventually.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I would have always wanted to see Eddie and Taker go at it, I mean as a small kid I was wondering why they never had a storyline where Eddie stole Taker's urn.
Two reasons:

One: Eddie was never a main event level heel when Undertaker was in his deadman gimmick and therefore anywhere near the urn.

Two: The only people that could do something like stealing the urn and royally pissing off the Taker, were much bigger guys than Eddie that could "physically dominate" Undertaker.

Eddie vs Taker could have been amazing, in theory. I'm not 100% sure though how well their styles would work together. Maybe it could have worked out in a similar way to the first Taker/Punk match last year, but that would result in a very poor ending to the Streak.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts