Wrestling Forum banner

Which division would be the most entertaining in today's WWE?

• Cruiserweight division

Votes: 14 40.0%
  • Tag Team division

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Hardcore division

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Diva's division

Votes: 3 8.6%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think WWE should only have one division besides the singles. Intercontinental and US titles should remain, as should the World Heavyweight and WWE titles. With having four singles titles, there is really only room enough for one division other than singles. I think this is a big reason for the tag team division being shit, there is not enough time to make it meaningful when you have the Diva's belt and all those singles titles. It's too cluttered.

So which would you rather see? I personally would like to see the tag division be the only other one. Although I like high flying spots, we all know WWE has told the high flyers to keep it simple and not do crazy shit, so the cruiserweight division would be shit.

I love hardcore matches but a hordcore division in the PG era would be cringe worthy. Who would want to see mid carders hit each other with fake trashcans? With no blading and no chairshots to the head the hardcore title would be a joke.

WWE doesn't give a damn about having real female wrestlers, only playboy bunnies, so scrap the Diva's division and make them valets so we don't have to be exposed to horrid in ring action.

So the tag division is the only one I can see being entertaining the way WWE is run right now.

Keep in mind the poll is not about what your favorite division would be, but what would be the most entertaining in context of how WWE is run today if there was only one division besides singles action.

Thoughts?

·
Thanks for the memories, Shawn.
959 Posts
The tag team division easily. Weapons and all that stuff is better when used in moderation. It actually means something that way.

I'd like to see the Divas division properly being used too, but like you said they don't care about real female wrestlers, only eye candy.

The cruiserweight division was awesome, but I'd settle for just a consistent undercard with the guys we already got. The WWE has the talent pool, just isn't using it.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I think WWE should only have one division besides the singles. Intercontinental and US titles should remain, as should the World Heavyweight and WWE titles. With having four singles titles, there is really only room enough for one division other than singles.
Why should they remain?

I think 4 titles for the singles division is too much.

Have 1 World title and 1 mid-card title, or have 2 World titles and no mid-card titles.

As for the poll, I'd have to choose Divas. Woman's wrestling in WWE is garbage right now, but to not have them would feel odd.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, maybe "should" was the wrong word. I'd just rather see them remain, or at least keep both world titles and unify the IC and US title. I just think the main event would be too hard to break into with only one main event belt. But yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing the midcard titles unified, I'd just prefer them be separate. Of course, WWE is getting a bit thin at the top and maybe unifying all titles would be feasible then. But that would make this poll pointless as it would free up time for more divisions.

But anyway, back on topic, if they brought in real wrestlers to the divas division to carry the playboy bunnies to decent matches, I'd go with the divas. But as WWE doesn't care about doing that, I'll stick with the tag division.

·
Registered
2,324 Posts
Divas. Preferably with decent/entertaining feuds and matches.

Even if the divas suck like nowadays, I'd still rather have them around.

Watching only blokes in underwear grabbing each other for 2 hours is kinda gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, more votes than I thought for the hardcore division. Don't get me wrong, I love hardcore matches. I was a big ECW fan back when it was the REAL ECW, not WWE/ECW. But I just don't think it would be entertaining in the PG era. There are no chairshots to the head, remember how stupid the chairs match between Cena and Barrett looked? There's no blading. Big time spots aren't really allowed on regular TV like Raw and Smackdown.

In today's WWE, it would be Mark Henry bashing some mid card guy in the head with fake trashcans for 3 minutes. I just don't see a hardcore division working in today's WWE. It would be cool if it could though

·
I'm a Christian
699 Posts
I would add the cruiserweight title to the fold, it would give a lot of the jobbers more meaning, people like Evan Bourne could showcase their stuff and maybe win a title.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Hardcore would be most entertaining for sure. Think of all the random backstage segments we could see with the hardcore title. It doesn't matter if its PG or 14+. During crash hollys hardcore reign, didn't he fight in a ballpit or something? If they did that today, ppl will be like "pg ruins everything" but people laughed at it happening like 10 years ago.

Title doesn't really mean much and we can see some filler hardcore title matches or segments instead of things that make no sense like a danceoff.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Cruiserweight/Light Weight. There were several who built the division into something great: Taka, London, Ultimo, and many others. Then the WWE just threw it all away. I would love to see it return.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow, people are liking the cruiserweights. I loved the cruiserweights myself, especially the WCW version with Mysterio, Juvi, Ultimo, Psychosis, Eddie, Jericho.... there are way too many to recall. Anyone who thinks high spots don't add to a match need to go back and watch some old WCW cruiserweight matches.

BTW, to those 15 and under, yes, Chris Jericho wrestled as a cruiserweight in WCW

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Holy fuck, I was looking up the cruiserweight title on wikipedia and just learned Hornswoggle is the last person to hold the belt. You have to be fucking kidding me. After Ultimo, Malenko, Eddie, Mysterio, and Jericho you have Hornsoggle? Good freakin grief :fpalm

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
Cruiserweight is ALWAYS the best division.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Tag team wrestling, if anyone ever fucking decides to try it again, can still be a pillar of a quality promotion. It's the only thing TNA does remotely well.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
Cruiserweight division has become an outdated relic for a very simple reason. In today's WWE, a solid third of the main-eventers and probably at least half of its midcard could qualify for the division. WWE surely still hires a boatload of big men every year, and they promote them, but there isn't the hesitation to push "smaller" men in WWE anymore, either. The product is actually better off in today's WWE without it.

Tag Team, please. Spearheaded by none other than Zack Ryder and Primo... *shrug*

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.