Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finally getting my complete season discs of WCW Nitro 1996-1999 and WWF Raw 1996-2001 from ioffer.com i eventually got down to watching every Raw i could fit in to a single day from late 1999 through to mid 2001. Now obviously there was a lot of fast forwarding going on as even though i loved wrestling back then there were still parts that i couldn't bare to watch but the main thing going on in between that period of late 1999 to mid 2001 was the three way feud going into Survivor Series between Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock and Triple H and then Stone Steve Austin turning heel at WrestleMania 17.

In between that period there was the original feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H with The Rock then thrown in but because Stone Cold Steve Austin needed neck surgery he was then out of action for over half a year which meant that from that minute on until SummerSlam 2000 the top feud in WWF was The Rock and Triple H. What we then saw was an absolute epic feud with both The Rock and Triple H trading the WWF title on almost a monthly basis up until The Rock retained in a Triple Threat with Kurt Angle at SummerSlam.

Not too long after The Rock and Triple H had finished their feud we saw the restart of the feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H after Triple H revealed himself to be the mastermind behind Stone Cold Steve Austin being run over and then they went on to feud through until February 2001 whilst The Rock would feud with Rikishi and Kurt Angle before The Rock and Stone Cold Steve Austin going on to feud with each other for the WWF title at WrestleMania 17. What i want to know is what feud do people think was bettter between The Rock and Triple H from late 1999 through to mid 2000 or Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H from mid 2000 through to early 2001.

For me i would have to go with The Rock and Triple H because everything about it just clicked and i always found them to be more natural enemies than Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H ever were, we had seen The Rock and Triple H feud on numerous occasions before in a different division from mid card through to main event and seen them swap roles in face and heel as well. I believe The Rock and Triple H to be the perfect identikit of how a long term main event feud should be built and booked and if WWE were to ever give us a main event feud that was done over six months or so they should just look at this feud as a great guideline.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Austin vs Rock
Rock vs Triple H
Triple vs Austin

3 of the greatest feuds ever imo. It's so hard to choose. The height of my markdom was during the McMahon Helmsley Faction so I guess I'll have to go with HHH/Rock too. Although Austin/HHH or Rock/Austin are like right behind it. Like right fricking there!

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Austin vs Rock
Rock vs Triple H
Triple vs Austin

3 of the greatest feuds ever imo. It's so hard to choose. The height of my markdom was during the McMahon Helmsley Faction so I guess I'll have to go with HHH/Rock too. Although Austin/HHH or Rock/Austin are like right behind it. Like right fricking there!
The way WWE was in 2000 when they had The Rock and Triple H as their main feud was unreal and i will agree 100% that during the whole McMahon/Helmsley faction era WWE just went from strength to strength and destroyed WCW. Triple H was the complete uber heel who got so much heat it was untrue and his heat has been unparalled since in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts