Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE has abandoned countless storylines without ever providing the audience with a satisfactory conclusion or explanation. Sometimes the stories are smaller curiosities (who the hell is Hade Vansen?), whereas others had significant story implications at the time (who raised the briefcase at King of the Ring 1999?).

If you could snap your fingers and make WWE provide an in-story resolution to one of those storylines, which would it be and why?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Big Boss Man raised the briefcase.

To answer the question Big E was attacked backstage a couple months ago and I don’t think they ever said who it was. Unless it was KO

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,176 Posts
pumpkin balor vs sister abigail. Lets be honest, it quite possibly wouldve been the most hilariously bad thing to have been done in wwe.

·
Banned
11,537 Posts
Big Boss Man raised the briefcase.

To answer the question Big E was attacked backstage a couple months ago and I don’t think they ever said who it was. Unless it was KO

This pissed me off a lot too. Same with Zayn being strung up. They should have made this Bray because the fiend “wants” Brock. If I was on creative I’d do this long term story telling. Bray admits it after he kills Balor. “Brock the only reason you’re champion is because the Fiend wanted it”

Writes itself. Zayn being strung up was sick and forcing and injury on Big E works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Asuka
96,473 Posts
pumpkin balor vs sister abigail. Lets be honest, it quite possibly wouldve been the most hilariously bad thing to have been done in wwe.
This would easily be my answer if it didn't involve Bray Wyatt. As a mark of his, I couldn't bring myself to see it, but if it was someone else and I could divorce myself from the fandom, I would love to see how bad of a trainwreck this would've been.

Although, there is no possible way it would be worse than Donald Trump vs Rosie O'Donnell, as played by impersonators. That is the worst thing that's ever been on WWE television. Balor and Bray are at least wrestlers.

As for me, because that's not my answer I can't think of one. Think of a storyline for Austin, Asuka or CM Punk that was dropped and that'll be my answer.

·
Registered
6,463 Posts
Not really "unresolved" per se, but it felt like there was more story to tell with Cena/Taker last year than what we got. Cena insulted Taker's ego, his manhood, called his entire integrity into question, then got squashed by him in less than three minutes. His pride should have been so damaged and he should have felt such humiliation that he desperately chases a rematch at this year's WrestleMania - or hell, even last year's Summerslam - in an effort to rectify the loss, but alas, it didn't happen.

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Kane vs Impostor Kane.

I secretly wanted this to happen, but when it did, man was it a big pile of shit. They fucked it up so bad that they had to kill it within a few weeks. First off, the impostor (which was Festus/Gallows/Anderson), looked awful. The hair was all out of whack and they were too lazy to wet it down; Gallows even said in an interview how fucking awful it was and laughed about it. They chose Gallows simply because of the height, but he didn't even come close to the muscle mass that Kane had back in the day, so he looked awkwardly small. Even the chokeslam delivery was bad.

It went on for like 3 weeks of impostor Kane destroying regular Kane, and then on a throwaway Raw, Kane just destroys the impostor, rips the mask off of him and says "this belongs to me!" and that was that. Never had a proper conclusion, Kane never put the mask back on, never found out who and what happened to the impostor, just nothing...

I always felt that if WWE actually tried, it could have became a fun storyline; all it did was tease the fans that Kane was going to remask again.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts