Wrestling Forum banner

Which Undertaker theme do you prefer?

5031 Views 51 Replies 49 Participants Last post by  Funaki7
Just curious :3

I ask this because personally I don't want to hear Undertaker enter the Georgia Dome with that 'Ain't No Grave Theme', it doesn't really suit his character or personality. I mean, sure, maybe it was appropriate for the 2-21-11 return, but that was two weeks ago, and its now an official theme.

But either way, what do you guys think?

EDIT: I forgot to add a poll to this, so just imagine the following choices are above this.
-'You're Gonna Pay'
-'Keep Rollin' Rollin' Rollin'
-The Traditional Orchestra Theme
-'Ain't No Grave'
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
There's some discussion pertaining to this on the 'Undertaker's New Theme' thread but in response to your question, Graveyard Symphony is the most awe-inspiring in my opinion. Ain't no Grave is fantastic, nostalgic and appropriate for WM 27 but I'd rather see him retire to something more similar to his earlier themes. Jim Johnston has really done some great work on his compositions for Taker.

· Registered
732 Posts
I love Ain't no Grave. It's nice to see that WWE understands that not every theme must be hard rock. Just see the most commented entrance's around: Zack Ryder's, Daniel Bryan's and the new Taker's. All fresh on the ears of the audience and better than the generic hard rock that follows every other performer.

But I think WWE could use the best of two worlds. Give Undertaker the eight fist verses or so of Ain't no Grave and mix it with Taker's traditional orchestrated theme.

· Registered
7,074 Posts
I'd vote for "Aint No Grave" but that's just because it's my favourite song of all time.

Realistically speaking, I think what they've got going now is perfect. They keep the familiar opening of the bell ringing, then fade into Aint No Grave, but still have the storm sound effects from the Graveyard Symphony.

I can totally see him walking into Wrestlemania to this theme, and I can't wait to see it because I just know that it will be epic and awesome.

· Premium Member
285 Posts
Aint no grave. Cuz its the only one thats not old and overused.

· Registered
575 Posts
Aint No Grave cuz i love johnny cash

· The Winds of Change
5,604 Posts
The Graveyard Symphony will always have it's place in wrestling history as THE song of The Undertaker. However, it has played its course in my opinion, in the same way that his gothic/zombie gimmick has. I really am digging the "Ain't No Grave" theme song for Taker, but I think his whole entrance needs to be tweaked to reflect it. They need to do away with the graveyard annimation on the HD screen (however the addition of the rain is a nice touch), and need to perhaps even goes as far as changing the blue lighting.

This is a different take on the Taker's character that we are seeing, especially seen in the way he is talking on the mic, and I don't think he should half ass the new gimmick. If he really is "The Last Outlaw" then make sure his whole character reflects it. This is not an out of this world change up either, there are just a few things that could be updated to make it all reall stick. I hope that WWE will hammer out the kinks, and bring it all together, because right now certain things that just seem a bit out of place.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
It's not often that you could say that a Johnny Cash song is an epic fail but this time it is. The Cash theme has killed UT's heat. Believe it or not, all these little factors matter when coming into a feud. Need to go back to the old school Undertaker theme ASAP.

· Registered
2,360 Posts
Honestly I think Ain't No Grave is a horrible theme song for Undertaker, its great for video packages, but I hate it for his entrance.

My preferences:

- Ministry with irish and english.
- Ministry with just irish words.
- Dark Side
- Graveyard Symphony (mid 90s)
- Darkest Side / Rest In Peace / "Graveyard Symphony" (2004-2010 theme)
- Rollin
- You're Gonna Pay

I would say American Bad Ass was by far his worst theme song.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.