·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,366 Posts
The Sopranos.

·
Standing with The Man
6,032 Posts
Adrian monk GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

I dunno man I LOVE Stargate but those last two seasons were a noticeable step down. Ben Browder just couldn't quite fill the giant shoes of Richard Dean Anderson.
You have a point with Browder but I quite liked the Ori story and the chemistry between Michael Shanks and Claudia Black was enough from a character stand point and they had some stand out episodes like the final one when they are trapped in a time bubble.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
You have a point with Browder but I quite liked the Ori story and the chemistry between Michael Shanks and Claudia Black was enough from a character stand point and they had some stand out episodes like the final one when they are trapped in a time bubble.
I too enjoyed the Ori storyline, though due to the lack of time I do think it was somewhat rushed and underdeveloped and definitely agree about Shanks and Black having tons of chemistry.

I'm also not trying to shit on Browder, he did a fine job, I'm just a huge Jack O'Neill mark. I also think Mordius was a PERFECT series finale.

It's one of those "monday morning quarterback things" were I think the Ancients Origins, along with The Ori, could have been part of Atlantis or the ill-fated Universe.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Pisses me off no end Universe sits unfinished
Ehh, they kinda have no one to blame but themselves. The showrunners ripped off A LOT of other shows and waited WAY to long to put any real effort into the writing.

It ended up being REALLY good, it just took to long to get their and lost a lot of people on the way.

A lot of people also couldn't get over the complete change in tone. Stargate had always been the lighter, fun, sci-fi show. Universe went in a COMPLETELY different direction "outtanowhere" as the Orton marks would say.

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
The Sopranos I don't remember dipping in quality.

I haven't watched regularly in a while but every time I've checked in with new South Park it's still very sharp and funny.

Seinfeld was pretty consistent.

Oz was good all the way through. Was really a prototype for the hard hitting HBO series that would become so common place later on. Brutal show.

Again not a regular watcher later on but I don't think Futurama lost any quality at any point.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts