Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the WWE using the Shield as Enhancement talent for Bryan, Show and the Rhodes brothers I take this as a sign that the WWE are bringing the Shield to an end. Dropping the titles signifies a potential reason to split due to jealousy. We all know it is gonna end and you can add your suggestions about how but my question is who wins either the World Heavyweight or WWE title first?

I think all members provide something to both the singles and tag team divisions and I think all will hold 1 of WWE's top titles but I think Reigns will be the first to hold the major title and could also be the one who holds it the least amount of times. I think Reigns has massively grown in his time and I think being hidden in both regular and 6 man tags has allowed him to improve to a level where he was able to have his break out match against Daniel Bryan before the locker room clearout. I think his size, strength and look could easily see HHH use to replace Orton as the face if Orton loses to Bryan and I think he is the easiest to build to championship level quickest.

I also think Ambrose and Rollins will hold majors titles. I think Rollins high flying abilities could help him become a master of the MOTB match and he has good promo skills to help him in major feuds. I think he has a good moveset and is great at selling but also with the amount of punishment his neck seems to have taken over the last few months I would question his longevity. I think Ambrose is a career heel the same way Cena is a career face. I think Ambrose promo abilities have really improved the Shields feud as he is the main talker. I think his match with Bryan on Raw and the one a few weeks back shows he can put on exciting longer lengths matches. But along with Rollins it is only his size that holds him back from winning the title first.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
As much as I want it to be Ambrose, I really think it'll be Reigns.

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts
Roman Reigns. I said it many times and I stand by it, Roman Reigns will be the bigger star of the three.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
It'll be Roman Reigns. He is the prototypical superstar WWE loves. I am mildly concerned for Ambrose's booking post-Shield, considering how they book him now. As in totally inappropriately. Ambrose should be above being a silent thug to the authority. He should be the one commanding others to be thugs.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Reigns will probably be a Batista-type champ.

I have a bad feeling we'll see Ambrose and Rollins go the way of say.. Wade Barrett and Justin Gabriel a year or so after The Shield's done.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I would actually like to see Rollins get a title. I think he is a really good worker and its a shame that the IC belt is so worthless because if it was 15 years ago, he would be the 1993-94 HBK style hell IC champ.

Currently though I reckon Reigns could be a 'monster' World Heavyweight champ and if/when the split happens I don't think you will see many matches involving any of three against each other

·
Registered
727 Posts
This is a tough one. On the one hand, I think Ambrose is the most limited by his role, and therefore the most likely to really impress once he is able to split off. I've said this before, his promo and character ability is essentially being wasted playing this mercenary role, we all know he could easily hold his own in promos and segments with anyone on the roster.

Reigns on the other hands benefits most from being in the Shield, and thus he is possible more likely to be "exposed" to some degree as a singles guy. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and you can see how much he's been improving, but he is in a situation now where he is able to just do what he does best. I remember a couple of his NXT promos before he got called up and he was shaky. That being said, it's not like Batista ever really talked on the mic. He could definitely fill a Batista role.

So I guess I'd say Reigns, cause they can just give him the monster guy push. But Ambrose wouldn't be far behind. Rollins I think too could definitely be wildly successful (he also has been limited, but in terms of ring work, because as a face he'll be able to really dazzle the fans), but I don't think WWE would push him that heavily that quickly.

·
Registered
4,207 Posts
Look this thread again. But yeah it's Reigns

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think it'll be Ambrose. He was even the first to win a minor belt. But they're not pushing Rollins as much as they are the other two, Not sure if he'll be as big.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts