Wrestling Forum banner

Which Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker WrestleMania Match Was Better?

• WrestleMania 25

Votes: 51 64.6%
  • WrestleMania 26

Votes: 28 35.4%

Which Shawn Michaels vs. Undertaker WrestleMania Match Was Better?

4163 Views 46 Replies 44 Participants Last post by  wwesuperstar
Simply put, which of the 2 did you like more, and why?

As for me, I liked the first one from WrestleMania 25 more, but it's close. Both matches were amazing

I think I preferred the build-up of the second one more, but overall I preferred the first match
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Ho!
20,568 Posts
I thought the WM25 build was good, light vs. dark was an easy way to play the storyline. But also remember, Shawn was getting the better of Taker every single week. So really, the build was good. It was overshadowed by the amazing Triple H/Orton storyline that was going on though.

However, WM26, Taker/Shawn's build was much better, and easily the biggest thing WWE was doing. Puts WM25's to shame.

However, this thread is talking about the match, and because of that, I have to give it to WM25 with out question. WM26 was a great match, but WM25 just felt like a bigger, more epic feeling, and better flowing match than WM26. Had more close calls, and really had anyone watching on the edge of their seats. I mean, WM26 was the same, but just not as much in any category except close calls due to Shawn's career being on the line.

But WM25 is a 5 star match to me, and WM26 is not, so that's another reason it was clear cut for me.

· ALL HAIL THE MAHARAJA
2,308 Posts
Better Build= Wrestlemania 26, it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time because I literally thought the streak COULD end. Because I would've thought Shawn's last match ever would be against HHH

Better Match = Wrestlemania 25, it was much better than 26

· Banned
2,581 Posts
I think both are slightly overrated due to the fact that as great as the in ring work was, we always knew who was winning.

25 was the better match though. The build up for 26, with Michaels coming out of the floor of the elimination chamber was immense.

· Banned
14,041 Posts
I'm honestly going to have to watch them both again, but I certainly liked WM26 more. And I definitely have a reason to be biased towards WM25 because the event was in my home state (and both Taker and Michaels are Texans).

But I thought there was just something a little more special about 26. Maybe it was because everyone knew it was Michaels' last match ever, who knows. But I thought the atmosphere was incredible, the heat between them was a hundred times more-personal, and it was the money match of the event by-far.

· Banned
19,071 Posts
Wrestlemania 25 easily. Better match, better buildup (Michaels mindfucking with Undertaker > Michaels being a whiny bitch about losing), and better crowd.

26 pales in comparison due to it being slow paced and Michaels kicking out of like 8 finishers. I know it was his "last" match, but it was ridiculous to see happen.

- Vic

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.