Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

· Premium Member
3,026 Posts

Bryan being out early, Kane/Big Show dumping every single fan favorite so they can be the two giants against Roman in the most predictable booking ever, then Roman not even being cheered with Rock raising his arm. Arguably could be the worst one ever even.
Seen every RR since 2009 and can honestly say either that one or the one where Alberto Del Rio won were the worst. Del Rio is one of the most boring mfs Vince ever shoved down our throat and the only enjoyment I ever got outta the twat was watching him call Mysterio a perro

· Registered
Member of Chelsea WFireflies/WFyatt Family/whatever. In Chelsea we trust.
1,737 Posts
I may be misremembering at it’s years since I saw it but Reigns was cheered whilst Big Dave was booed as was Mysterio coming in at 30.

I realise the fans only cheered Roman as Batista was a lock to win. Roman was booked insanely strong after this beating the newly formed League of Nations in a 4 on 1 handicap match and the Rumble stipulation whoever eliminated Roman got a title shot which he overcome.

· Registered
9,121 Posts
2015. It’s like they knew fans would be pissed so basically just went all out with it. Bryan getting dumped out after like 10 minutes in the match was a sign for what was to come that night. It really made no sense to bring him back from his 8/9 month layoff just to dump him out like he was some lower mid card Jobber. Having the gruesome twosome that was Kane and Show cleaning house with fan favourites like Wyatt, Ambrose and Ziggler was just salt in the wounds.

2014 was not a good rumble but if it wasn’t for the Bryan love at the time, it probably would’ve went down ok with fans, but it would have also been extremely forgettable.

Both matches are basically just remembered for being hated lmao
2015 was self indulgent, brute force booking that bordered on outright trolling of its own fan base. It’s gleeful garbage like that which led to the creation of AEW as an alternative.

· Registered
1,311 Posts
I’ll say 2014 only because it was not needed. Batista was already certified by that point.

Least Roman was an up and coming star. The only issue was Daniel Bryan’s psychotic Stan’s.

· The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
7,649 Posts
2015 was the absolute low point in the relationship between WWE and its fans. The entire match was a farce, a giant "FUCK YOU" to the audience, a massive, rancid corn dog rammed down the throat of the collective public.

2014 was a mess but can almost be excused because WWE didn't seem to realize how passionately fans wanted Daniel Bryan to win. In 2015, there was no excuse. It was all done intentionally to make fans angry and sad. That match kicked off one of the darkest periods in WWE history, which ultimately led to the McMahons actually having to apologize to the public on Raw at the end of 2018. This Rumble set the company on that path.

· TEAM CHELSHIV
Umani. Vous êtes belle 💙💙💙💙💙
127,450 Posts
2014. Bryan not winning was historic bullshit. If he had won,then maybe 2015 might have been better received.because a fuckton of people wanted him to win to atone for the nonsense of 2014.

· FOTC
12,765 Posts
I’ll say 2014 only because it was not needed. Batista was already certified by that point.

Least Roman was an up and coming star. The only issue was Daniel Bryan’s psychotic Stan’s.
Almost everyone who was effected by his psychotic fans is now respected by the very fans that booed them: Batista, Orton, and Sheamus. Reigns still has his detractors, but most fans respect him now.

· Registered
2,103 Posts
2014. Bryan not winning was historic bullshit. If he had won,then maybe 2015 might have been better received.because a fuckton of people wanted him to win to atone for the nonsense of 2014.
Completely agree. If Daniel Bryan would have been in and won the 2014 Royal Rumble, oh how things could have been different!! You could have hell if even C.M. Punk would have won things would have been so different.
We could have gotten
W.W.E. Title
C.M. Punk vs Randy Orton
Triple H. vs Daniel Bryan with the winner being added to the main event
Undertaker could have teamed with Kane as a tribute to Paul Bearer
could also gave had Batista vs Brock Lesnar

21 - 31 of 31 Posts