Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'd say in 2015 they had no real chance the fans basically accepted nothing besides Bryan winning. They thought him getting eliminated earlier in the Match would cool things down, as we all know it didn't work out but i can see why they thought that way atleast.

The Year before was overall the better Match but the Booking was bad. And the fact that they announced Batista's Return like 3-4 weeks before made everyone knew he was going to win. His Return on Raw was pretty weird and nobody really marked out for him. They really should have let him Return at the Rumble not before.

· Registered
IT'S A WORK!
2,156 Posts

· Baby It's Violence
12,594 Posts

Bryan being out early, Kane/Big Show dumping every single fan favorite so they can be the two giants against Roman in the most predictable booking ever, then Roman not even being cheered with Rock raising his arm. Arguably could be the worst one ever even.

· Waiting for Kawato
5,781 Posts
I don't remember anything bad about 2014 until the ending, which was heinous. Not telling you Bryan wasn't in, letting poor Rey come back and get booed, and then getting Batista booed on his big comeback win. If it was bad prior to that part it wasn't bad enough for me to remember it.

From the moment they completely unceremoniously dumped Bryan out without anything even resembling an angle after making such a big deal out of his comeback, the 2015 one went off the rails spectacularly. I couldn't tell you all of the things I hated about it without rewatching it again, and why the hell would I do that to myself? :ROFLMAO:

· The Fresh Prince Is Back On His Throne!
Sissy boy
12,253 Posts
2015. It’s like they knew fans would be pissed so basically just went all out with it. Bryan getting dumped out after like 10 minutes in the match was a sign for what was to come that night. It really made no sense to bring him back from his 8/9 month layoff just to dump him out like he was some lower mid card Jobber. Having the gruesome twosome that was Kane and Show cleaning house with fan favourites like Wyatt, Ambrose and Ziggler was just salt in the wounds.

2014 was not a good rumble but if it wasn’t for the Bryan love at the time, it probably would’ve went down ok with fans, but it would have also been extremely forgettable.

Both matches are basically just remembered for being hated lmao

· Registered
363 Posts
Roman vs Brock to crown Roman as next Cena is not the best idea but I understand it

But Batista vs Randy as the wrestlemania main event ? Randy had spent most of 2012 to middle of 2013 in mid card. Then he becomes Authoritys Champ. And Batista is gonna come conquer him ? I just never understood that. An thats why 2014 was worse

· Premium Member
4,280 Posts
2015 and its not even close, its one of the worst Rumbles of all time.

Knocking Bryan out the way they did was foolish enough but to then have Big Show/Kane toss out fan favourite after fan favourite like trash leaving a guy in Roman Reigns who was 50/50 with crowds at best as one of the most predictable of winners was insanity if they thought that would be well recieved.

You know it is bad when even The Rock couldn't save it from being crapped on by the crowd.

· Registered
5,457 Posts
2015 was hilarious. People losing their shit at Big Show and Kane dropping guys out the ring and causing one mother of a heat stink just to MAKE ROMAN LOOK STRONG!!!!

2014s highlight was Rey being the sacrificial lamb to get the audiences wrath and the cheers when he was eliminated still has me lighting my ass off.

But to answer the question it is 2012 as nobody can actually remember what happened at that full Rumble.

· Registered
10,511 Posts
2015 and it's not even close. Even cousin Dwayne couldn't stop the crowd from booing the forced goldenboy out of the building. Sufferin Succotash!!!!!

Reactions: shadows123

· Registered
9,607 Posts
I'm okay with both

2014 - Not letting Bryan in the Rumble was a very heelish thing to do and made Bryan even more of an underdog

2015 - Big Show and Kane were heavy muscles so them eliminating many guys by teaming up made them a threat.

· Registered
3,810 Posts

They were desperate to push Reigns as the next big thing but I didn't think he was quite ready to be in a WM main event and should of waited until WM32 to give him that spotlight. They should of just had Bryan win resulting in Lesnar v Bryan for the title at WM31 (where Rollins would still cash-in and win the title, stealing the victory from Bryan) while having Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose in a triple threat ladder match for Rollins' MITB briefcase as the opening match.

· Banned
31,598 Posts

They were desperate to push Reigns as the next big thing but I didn't think he was quite ready to be in a WM main event and should of waited until WM32 to give him that spotlight. They should of just had Bryan win resulting in Lesnar v Bryan for the title at WM31 (where Rollins would still cash-in and win the title, stealing the victory from Bryan) while having Reigns/Rollins/Ambrose in a triple threat ladder match for Rollins' MITB briefcase as the opening match.
Nice. Pretty much exactly my thoughts.

· FOTC
12,782 Posts
2015 was the worst night in wrestling history, it was a massacre of young talent and the fans' passion, wrestling was never the same again.
Yeah, because after that, we saw a new young heel champion in Seth Rollins. A few months later, we saw the arrival of Kevin Owens, who cleanly defeated the face of the company. After that, the company ushered in the Women's Revolution with Sasha, Charlotte, and Becky Lynch. We saw The New Day become the hottest act in professional wrestling in early 2016. Then we saw Roman Reigns be defeated cleanly by Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose, and Finn Balor in the summer of 2016. Then a monster comes in and gets insanely popular by working with Reigns. A year later, Reigns has to leave, and the company has Seth Rollins be the first guy to cleanly defeat Brock Lesnar (something Reigns didn't do). We also see an organic storyline that the fans got behind in Kofimania. And to top it off we see Becky Lynch becoming the first female to be the face of the entire "damn" company.

Not much young talent, huh?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts