Wrestling Forum banner

Which rookie has entertained you the most during their NXT run?

• Heath Slater

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Darren Young

• Justin Gabriel

Votes: 5 5.1%
  • Wade Barrett

Votes: 22 22.4%
  • Alex Riley

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Daniel Bryan

Votes: 28 28.6%
  • Skip Sheffield

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Michael Tarver

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Lucky Cannon

• Husky Harris

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Michael McGillicutty

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Kaval

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Eli Cottonwood

• Titus O' Neill

• Percy Watson

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Someone from NXT3

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Someone from NXT4

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • David Otunga???

Votes: 3 3.1%
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Simple question what rookie did you enjoy the most during their time on NXT (NOT THEIR TIME AS A PART OF THE MAIN ROSTER)

Personally I chose Daniel Bryan, for his heart-felt worked shoots on Vince, the company and Michael Cole.

You?

Edit

Ignore the title added NXT3 as a choice.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Danielson.

As great as Barrett is, he was always overshadowed by Jericho's greatness (not his fault, but all i remember is Jericho yealling at the guys at commentary and saying that Barrett was like an "imperial eagle" standing at the corner).

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts
Daniel Bryan, although i was a little disapointed in him at first due showing a lack of personality as well as the wwe for jobbing him out every week. But his last few weeks on the show were pure gold, his "shoot" on the wwe was my favourite promo of 2010.

Special mentions to Barrett who was impressive throughout and A-Ri who really should have won, it's a shame too see him wasted as Miz's lackey as he could easily be the top mid card heel on raw right now.

·
Banned
8,966 Posts
Hard to choose out of Barrett, Bryan and Riley. I pick Riley, he generally entertains me the most out of the three.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Wade Barrett. He'll be forever loved by me after his epic performance on the mic by totally owning Otunga in that season finale promo battle.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Barrett by a country mile. Kaval/Danielson after that. I thought NXT got kind of stale after season 2.

I digress a little, but season 1 of NXT did really bring about the 'winds of change' in the WWE. Take a look at the potential success of its participants:
  • Wade Barrett - Future WHC Champion
  • Daniel Bryan - US Champion, perhaps could go further
  • Justin Gabriel - Tag Team Champion (will likely get it again), future IC Champion
  • Heath Slater - Tag Team Champion (will likely get it again)
  • David Otunga - Tag Team Champion (albeit only for a week)
  • Skip Sheffield - Injured, but apparently Vinne Mac has big plans for him
  • Michael Tarver - Difficult to say what angle he is involved in at the moment, but creative have something planned
  • Darren Young - To early to say

I feel that out of all of the Season 1 contestants, only Tarver and Young will miss out on a title run. Still 6/8 is not shabby at all.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm surprised Alex Riley hasn't got many votes, all I could hear was the entire IWC dickriding him throughout NXT2. He was the best of that season though and should have won in the end.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts