Votes: 41 63.1%
  • 2002-2010

Votes: 24 36.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Shawn Michaels was awesome but I always prefered his earlier work. He was an amazing character with superb in ring capabilities.

I personally prefer his ring work after his return especially his fued with Triple H which was my all time favourite.

Michaels was lovable second time around, first time around he was just toooo sweet.

TH

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Shawn had one of the best all around runs in history before he stopped. He really came into his own during the Razor feud and I will put 94-98 Shawn against any run in history and, IMO it finishes 2nd only to Flair in the late 80;s early 90's. There are so many things that Shawn does not get credit for that he deserves. As far as sheer numbers of great matches, Flair is the only one that has more, but I think Shawn was more talented in ring. Shawn was the guy that proved to Vince that a smaller champion can work. This is huge, IMO coming out of the Hogan era and looking at how the product has evolved. In some ways Shawn is very responsible for helping HHH, Nash, and Hall become big names. Remove those guys from history and look what we would have missed out on. The curtain call changed so many thing as far as Kayfabe. He founded DX which, IMO, was even more responsible than the edgier product than Austin was. He could have been so much more had it not been for the back injury. I have always wondered where he would have fit in during AE had he been there

·
Banned
730 Posts
I personally preferred asshole Shawn Michaels over a clean Shawn Michaels.
LMAO at you saying prefer(ed) in past tense trying to pretend like you actually watched HBK during that time period, when you didn't even watch wrestling yet!

:lmao

Anyway, HBK in the 90's was far more athletic like a cat and edgy than when he came back.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
2002-2010. I feel that's where the majority of his great matches/feuds have taken place.
I have to disagree here. He never topped Taker at BadBlood 97, Ladder match with Razor and my third favorite is a match with Mankind in 96. I can't remember which PPV.

Feud wise is more arguable, IMO

Early Shawn

Shawn/Marty
Shawn/Razor
Shawn/Bret
Shawn/Taker

Later Shawn

Shawn/HHH
Shawn/Taker
Shawn Jericho

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
Shawn Michaels in 02-10 was great, but his run in the 90's was where he made his name.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Are you so butt hurt by me proving you wrong in the other thread that you come to this thread with your childish insults?
Who are you??? Oh you're the one that was crying in the other thread because you got drug all over it by me. Just wait til I dig up that other thread that I told you about!

It's gonna be hilarious laughing at you and proving you even more wrong!!!!!!!! :D:

:lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Man I remember Shawn when he was a member of "The Rockers". His "swag" and "arrogance" started as far back as his tag team days. Like mentioned above, Shawn proved to Vince that "smaller guys" can be WWE(F) Champion after Hulk Hogan was champ. He paved the way for guys like Jericho, CM Punk and now Danial Bryan.

I think his best days were in the 90's, not saying his work in the 00's were bad either.

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Man I remember Shawn when he was a member of "The Rockers". His "swag" and "arrogance" started as far back as his tag team days. Like mentioned above, Shawn proved to Vince that "smaller guys" can be WWE(F) Champion after Hulk Hogan was champ. He paved the way for guys like Jericho, CM Punk and now Danial Bryan.
As great as Shawn is on paper there are so many intangibles that are often overlooked. I have always thought Shawn was ahead of his time in the early 90's and sadly wasn't there to enjoy when the industry caught up to him.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts