Wrestling Forum banner

What do you like most about Randy Orton?

• His gimmick

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • His in-ring skills

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • His finisher

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • His mic-skills

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • His feuds

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • His look

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • His theme

Votes: 8 10.1%
  • His titantron

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • I'm a fan of his

Votes: 18 22.8%
  • Other. Please name

Votes: 6 7.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup peepz?

This thread is basically for Orton haters, but Randy fans can also reply of course.

Anyways, I am very surprised of how many Orton haters there actually is on this forum, I thought I was one of the only ones who didn't enjoy his work, but it seems to me like 80% of this forum hates/do not like/do not enjoy Randy Orton's work.

Though, I'm making this for fun, and I'm very interested in seeing what the Randy Orton haters like most about Randy Orton himself. If you decide to participate in this thread, you must name one thing.

For me, it's his gimmick, his gimmick is awesome, but it's played by the wrong person, he's boring and he can't cut a promo if it depended on his life.

So that's my choice, I'm going to make a poll with 10 options.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
It’s his gimmick. I honestly believe Drew McIntyre can play the Viper gimmick much better and that’s cause he is just like Randy Orton by being bland, dreadful and boring. Every time he comes out, I have a problem of keeping my eyes open, it’s like his black-hole of charisma just consume all the energy out of my body when he is on the TV. He is that boring. That’s why you see guys like Miz make him look like a rookie on the microphone when they go head to head.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I don't hate his guts like some people, he is a decent wrestler. I will agree that he is boring and bland, but the same can be said of Wade Barrett, Nexus, McIntyre, a lot of guys today... Not sure whether the problem is the individual, or the current WWE System in general. But the one thing that Orton has going for him is looks, girls love him, he looks great on a poster or t-shirt. If he looked like husky harris, he'd be out of a job. I'm not ripping him, looks are a legitimate drawing quality in life. There are tons of people who get on TV or movies because of their looks who are dummies. Or even just regular jobs they wouldn't ordinarily get with their qualifications.

·
Registered
290 Posts
hes awful on the mic average in the ring and takes longer to get to the ring than wrestling in his matches...

he just bores me he is a bad face, his best angle in a long time was when he was killing the macmahons and they couldnt do anything about it. since then its been incredibly downhill and fast, he is just boring.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
His Finisher (The only reason i liked em before '08)
His Gimmick (Hated the rehash of the "Legend Killer" gimmick in June of '05, and only liked his new gimmick when his change into "The Viper" was complete in '08)

I find his in-ring skills and mic skills ok

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I like his gimmick and finisher the most.

And to the OP, the Orton haters are really in the minority on WF. There was a poll made on here a couple months ago where it asked who hated Orton and who was a Orton fan and Orton fans won by a landslide. The problem is the Orton haters that are on here seem to make it their obligation to shit on Orton. They can't go one day without saying something negative about Orton.

·
Registered
895 Posts
He has 3 things going for him, but he only does 2 of them well.

1 - His gimmick is great but he doesnt pull it off as well as he should
2 - His finisher is fantastic for what it needs to be (can be done quickly at any time, looks great, and is believable as a finisher)
3 - His look, he looks like a main eventer, admitedly he doesnt really have to work on it he just has it.

Everything else about him is upper midcarder (in ring ability, mic skills, charisma etc)

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Orton in general is great.

But his gimmick is the best part of everything on this poll. He doesn't care about anyone and will do what it takes to get what he wants. He's determined and competitive and doing these things while getting people cheering for him is even better.

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I like his Eyes. He has such pretty eyes!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts