Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to get other peoples thoughts on this because my bond with my father is a lot stronger than the one I share with my mother.

I'm not asking who you love more because that it is a ridiculous question but rather whose company do you feel more comfortable in.

I am a lot like my father in regards to our habits, interests and personality traits and I always feel completely comfortable in his company.

I get on fine with my mother but we just don't click in the same way.

They are divorced and not on speaking terms and I guess this could have a big impact on the different relationships that I've formed with them both.

My apologies to anyone who has deceased parents - I just wanted to start an interesting psychological discussion.

·
Banned
4,731 Posts
This is still a very hard question. I connect more with my Dad in conversation cos we like a lot of the same things but then again I get into a lot more arguments with him cos we both have tempers. With my Mum, there's not the same conversational connection but she's still my Mum so I bond with her in other ways. I don't know how to answer this mate.

·
SNOWBLIND
7,529 Posts
Probably my mother.

I've always been closer with her pretty much by default. Parents divorced when I was 3, old man moved away, and I never really saw him all that much. When he moved back about 10 years ago I saw a lot more of him, but I continued to live with my mother. Still see a lot more of her now even though I live on my own. Whenever I see my old man these days either he's wasted, I'm wasted, or we're both wasted. Good for a laugh and shit, I guess.

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
My mother, as I have no relationship with my father whatsoever. I didn't even meet my dad until I was 14, I met him at his work as he is a mechanic. During that visit he said he wasn't my father because my mother was a whore back then and it took every ounce of my strength to not grab a wrench in that garage and tag him with it so I want nothing to do with him. I was raised by only my mother and I am a massive momma's boy, but not an extreme one. I won't break up with someone if my mother doesn't like them or something like that. But I get along with women a lot more than men and I attribute that to being raised by only my mom. I would say 97% of my friends are female, much to the delight of my fiance.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I'd say my dad.

My mom , I worry about... she sleeps like 23 hours a day , I have trouble trying to respect her because she seems to have no respect for herself even , its really sad. I try to save her , preach to her to quit smoking , and lose weight... but she just gets offended... I fear she may die sometime soon and that it could be prevented.. if only she ever listened to me.... :(

Hard to favor the one whos "In a vegatative state" so to speak , doesn't respect themself , and doesn't want to save their own life...... so its definantley not her right now

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
My dad, easily. All my mom ever wants to do is argue and fight with me. It's ridiculous.

·
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
6,753 Posts
Tough question. I get on with both of my parents pretty well, but probably my mom. My dad sometimes has to work late in the night and sometimes I only see him for maybe an hour total Monday-Friday. My mom and I argue a little more since she's the one that's always home, but we talk more then my dad.

Have a great relationship with both though.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I love them both, but my dad is "not that clever", and since i love discussions and using my knowledge i have a closer bond, and hangs out more with my mom. For football games however i often go with my dad. Its just hard to have an intellectual discussion with a guy who still calls it "West & East Germany" & "Czechoslovakia"

1 - 20 of 41 Posts