• Midcarder during a boom period

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you rather be main eventer in a down period (New Generation/PG/Reality Era) or midcarder during a hot era (Golden/AE)?

·
I'm the world's greatest superhero. I can do whate
20,612 Posts
Main eventer.

Do you think Road Dogg had a better career than Bret or Shawn? No way.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Down era is better due to there being less politics and jerkoffs. When boom period happens people get fool of themselves and believe their poop does not stink.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Always top guy because after all, wrestling is a job and it's all about the money, daddy.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Gotta go with main eventer in the down period. That way you are at least considered a main eventer which you can come back later as we see with guys like the rock and still main event or at least be relevant later.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Main Eventer in a down period guarantees you hall-of-fame, legacy and money. John Cena will be remembered (fondly or not) way more than any popular mid-carder during the attitude era

Reactions: PrinceofPush

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Main eventer in a down period, obviously. You know my feelings about world champions and non world champions. I'll spare you the speech.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,238 Posts
It depends. At the end of the day it’s about money. If my salary is tied to the gate in anyway, then probably the midcard. If I’m making millions cause we have 20k in attendance every night vs being in the main event with only 5k in attendence, I’ll take the bigger payday.

If the money is equal, then take the main event role in a down era.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
It’s all about money. Really at the end of the day, who cares about position on the card if you’re well compensated? With that being said, I would think that being a Main Event attraction in any period would pay better than being a midcarder in any era.

·
Currently booking tonight’s card...
2,274 Posts
I’m trying to relate this question to a real world situation... as long as company survival isn’t in question... id rather be top guy in a slow time. Your reputation or profile would be raised regardless of the details.

Also, even if all the smarks take shots at your legacy, atleast they’re always forced to use your name... even in bad light. As long as they’re talking. That’s what counts.

So main eventer.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Shouldn't be a question to be honest...

I rather be Roman Reigns in a slow period than someone like The Godfather or Al Snow in a boom period.

·
Registered
6,688 Posts
Depends on the level of midcarder or how low of a 'down period' we're talking about. Would I rather be the supporting character of a huge blockbuster than the headline act of some Indy film, or would I prefer top billing of a film that was only a moderate success as opposed to a small role in one that did huge business?

Generally speaking, I'd probably prefer the main event role, but there's variables to it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts