Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the slightly spammish topic, but I couldn't find a better place to ask this. I want to buy a new WWE PPV but I don't know which of these three to get. Any help?

No Way Out 2004
No Mercy 2005
Armageddon 2007

Please don't spoil anything for me from any of them (except that I know the result of the NWO 2004 main event.) I'd just like to know if any of them are particularly good/bad.

Help please?

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
It depends really, but I personally would go for No Way Out 2004. It's such an historic night, for obvious reasons. Though the card for Armageddon 2007 is pretty good.

Meh, hard decision, I can see why you asked for others opinion. If your an Eddie Guerrero fan, then you should probably lean more to No Way Out 2004. If your not, then probably Armageddon 2007. I wouldn't bother with No Mercy 2005.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
No Way Out 2004 was such an historic night that I just can't go against it although all the PPV's were pretty good. Personally I'd say NWO 2004, but you can't go wrong with any of them.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I didn't like Armageddon 2007 - Trips/Hardy just didn't do it for me and the triple threat main event wasn't really that big a deal, it was merely a passing stop off to WrestleMania.

No Mercy 2005 has that Taker/Ortons casket match, Eddie's last PPV match and I'm sure there was some match involving Rey.

I don't remember anything from No Way Out 2004. Maybe that means I didn't like it or it didn't leave a lasting impression. Maybe both.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I'm actually going for No Mercy 05 for my vote. No Way Out 04's main event was really the only match on the card I really enjoyed. Just because it was like other people are saying historic. No Mercy 05 while having not the best matches in the world it wasn't a bad show either. Armageddon 07 is alright too! None of the three shows I will admit aren't spectacular, but I'm still giving the edge to No Mercy out of the choices.

·
Lose for Hughes!
3,798 Posts
Hmmm, that's a pretty random selection of PPVs to choose from.

My choice would easily have to be Armageddon 07, mostly because of the few really good underrated matches on the card.

Shawn Michaels vs. Mr. Kennedy - Very, very good & underrated match. This match really made the whole PPV exciting for me, mainly because it featured two of my all-time favorite wrestlers. I wish we could of seen a few more matches between HBK & Mr. Kennedy because they seemed to have pretty decent chemistry during this match.

Randy Orton vs. Chris Jericho - Another good underrated match that few people tend to talk about. It was also one of the first times we got to see RKO & Y2J wrestle against each other which did not disappoint, IMO.

Edge vs. the Undertaker vs. Batista - Really unique combination of wrestlers which is something that I like to see. This match still remands one of my favorite Triple Threat matches in recent history.

Rey Mysterio vs. MVP - '07 was MVP's best year during his entire WWE career and it should of been the time he received a main-event push, which back in '07 he sure-as-hell deserved. It should of been MVP vs. HHH for the winner to become #1 contender to a WWE Championship instead of HHH vs. Jeff Hardy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts