Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a lot of wrestlers who got insanely hyped up in NXT only to fall flat or in some cases completely flop once they hit the main roster. Who is the worst though?

·
Premium Member
11,105 Posts
That's a tough one. I'd say either the Ascension or Emma. Tyler Breeze would've been in that conversation too, but he's having a moment now.

·
Premium Member
17,319 Posts
Adam Rose? As The South African game hunter he was awesome! He did debut as Adam Rose on NXT beforehand and it was pretty awful. So, I can't say the transition to main roster changed the outcome.

American Alpha. The injury and lack of use destroyed them.

Maybe the Ascension. They were the tenure tag team on NXT, longest reigning champs, and now are used in backstage skits to put over another flop, Tyler Breeze.

Roman Reigns? WWE is still pushing him to the moon, so he hasn't flopped in their eyes. As a fan favorite he's flopped.

·
You spent too much time looking at my avatar and s
7,822 Posts
American Alpha did not flop. They were actually gaining a fan base. Just because WWE decided to essentially write them off is not them flopping. They were the most entertaining tag team on Smackdown and usually always got the crowd into their matches.

Now.. Bayley flopped. She's been given chance after chance and push after push and hasn't improved at all. Her promo delivery is that of freshman in high school giving their first public speaking speech.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
19,179 Posts
The problem with American Alpha was the fact that they were BUILT in NXT - the whole story of Jason Jordan not finding suitable tag team partners, Gable coming along and being his partner. Them winning the crowd over with their impressive ring work, FINALLY winning the belts and putting on match of the night performances every time they wrestled.

Suddenly, they're on the main roster, they don't HAVE that story. In fact, American Alpha are living proof that wrestling is bottom of the barrel when it comes to caring about someone. They don't do enough talking. Gable is impressive on the microphone but they don't let him speak. At this point, they may as well just turn heel out of frustration with Gable saying how him and Jordan are elite athletes and how he is an Olympian and they get absolutely no respect etc.

·
Registered
5,969 Posts
NXT tag teams flopped on SD. Because SD doesn't know how to book their tag division, nor do they actually care to. I mean I believe SD went a solid 2 weeks without featuring their tag team champions. That's unacceptable.

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
In terms of flopping against expectations, it's AA easily.

No mic time or story whatsoever had killed them for now, they barely get a reaction.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts