Wrestling Forum banner

Which (Non Accidental) Passing of a wrestler will cause the biggest shockwave?

1287 Views 16 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  TelkEvolon
In the whole Business, WWE, TNA, ROH, All of Japan and all other indapendents.

I would have to say Ric Flair. This Man is respected every where. And it also pains me to say that with Ric's lifestyle will shave years off of his life. There will be tributes left right and centre.

Also the Day Vince McMahon passes will bring Wrestling to a standstill. For example if it was to happen tonight before RAW or the Impact Tapings then None of it would happen. If the boys Love Vince or Hate him they still will have been impacted some way or another.

I dont like to bring it up but just wanted some input.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
225 Posts
Everyone in the WWE locker room loves The Undertaker, and he is one of their iconic guys. Everyone in the business aside from Lesnar has nice things to say about him.

Everyone here loves Jericho, and on a personal level I assume he's pretty well liked.

Jeff Hardy dying of a likely drug overdose several years from now (after evading jail next month) will be a big PR deal.

The passing of The Rock one day will be a big deal, just as how Stone Cold's will be.

And of course, Hulk Hogan. Say what you will about him, but he's had the biggest impact. People will notice.

Oh, by the way, what do you mean by "non accidental?" I was operating under the assumption that deaths by old age weren't accidents either, so some of the guys I listed might be disqualified if you are not counting old age.

· Registered
980 Posts

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh, by the way, what do you mean by "non accidental?" I was operating under the assumption that deaths by old age weren't accidents either, so some of the guys I listed might be disqualified if you are not counting old age.
Just to Clarify i mean no Owen Hart style accident. Anything that happens in ring by mistake for example if a Tombstone killed a man (no pun intended, i'm not morbid).

· Registered
225 Posts
Alright, thank you.

Triple H is lucky Marty Garner didn't die of that horrific botched Pedigree years ago. Anyone getting killed in the ring would be a reasonably big deal, and in all likelihood would lead to new regulations and more banning of moves.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
Vince or Cena.

Alright, thank you.

Triple H is lucky Marty Garner didn't die of that horrific botched Pedigree years ago. Anyone getting killed in the ring would be a reasonably big deal, and in all likelihood would lead to new regulations and more banning of moves.
Agreed, but let's be honest, that was Garner's fault.

· Registered
225 Posts
Vince or Cena.

Agreed, but let's be honest, that was Garner's fault.
Yeah, it was Garner's fault, sure. Still would have been bad though.

I'm sure the guy who gave Mitsuhara Misawa that belly to back suplex (which he died of afterward) still feels horrible about it.

Shit, even Harley Race has expressed regret about innovating the Diving Headbutt.

Anyone dying in the ring would be bad. I can't stand Holly, but it would have been bad if that jerk died after Lesnar dropped him on his head when Holly sandbagged on him.

· Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would say anyone really. These guys and girls are basically family. Anyone past, present or future will be devestating to fans and wrestlers
I would have to say i dont relly agree with that. Just look for example when Umaga passed. There was no real shockwave. When Eddie passed however there was a massive amount of almost hysteria. Just shows you how Star Power really exists.

· AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,383 Posts
I would have to say i dont relly agree with that. Just look for example when Umaga passed. There was no real shockwave. When Eddie passed however there was a massive amount of almost hysteria. Just shows you how Star Power really exists.
When Umaga died, he wasn't in the WWe. Plus, it wasn't the star power for the wrestlers. Only for the fans. But he left a mark on so many wrestlers outside the ring. He was loved by everyone. Even wrestlers like Shawn Michaels who admitted that he never really got to know Eddie. He only knew him through their faith.

· Registered
3,763 Posts
Vince McMahon bar none! Other superstar deaths like Hulk Hogan, Steve Austin, Undertaker and so on will be a tragedy for this generation, but none will match Vince. Because of the fact he created an empire and will always be the top dog of the wrestling business. His funereal alone when it happens is going to be huge. Probably not Michael Jackson huge, but pretty damn big.

· Masonic!
1,577 Posts
I'll go with Vince, without him, there would be no this.

If you went throught the history of wrestling, without Vince, it would be a totally different place. If it were even still around.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.