Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Realistically which midcarders do I think could be WWE Champion on RAW or World Heavyweight Champion on Smackdown in 2012, which do I think have a realistic shot of being champion?

I would say the only ones to me...

For WWE Champion, I can see Dolph Ziggler winning the WWE Championship in 2012 by either the summer of 2012 or fall of 2012, dropping Vickie Guerrero in the process

And for World Heavyweight Champion I say Cody Rhodes for sure will become World Champion, as to when he wins the title, Rhodes will win it by summer 2012 at the earliest spring of 2012

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
On Raw i will be very surprised if Dolph Ziggler doesn't win the WWE title in 2012 because right now he is simply too good not be in the main event scene as soon as WrestleMania has been and gone. Right now Dolph Ziggler reminds me a lot of Edge in 2005 when he was on the verge of the main event scene and was being booked as superior to the rest of the mid card which is how this current US title run is being booked with Dolph Ziggler, similar to Randy Orton from 2003-2004 as well.

Over on SmackDown there are two people who in my mind will win the World title if they remain on SmackDown and that is Cody Rhodes and Wade Barrett. I believe the potential feud between Randy Orton and Cody Rhodes is one that is designed to test Cody Rhodes out against the top stars to see if he is believable against them and can hang in the ring as well as on the mic, if he does well against Randy Orton then 2012 is Cody Rhodes year.

With Wade Barrett all he needs is a strong three or four months build like Mark Henry has just had and he is right back in the main event scene. Unlike Cody Rhodes we have already seen Wade Barrett prove he is believable in beating the top guys and can hang with them on the mic but he needs to add more to his in ring work to really be a truly top heel. I remember saying around Hell In A Cell last year that Wade Barrett is probably the best true heel i have seen since Triple H in between 1999 and 2001 but he is nowhere near as good in the ring so if Wade Barrett improves on his in ring work he could realistically be top heel for years to come.

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
WWE Title - non, next year I think it'll be passed around by Punk, Cena, Miz, Sheamus

World Title - Ziggler will no doubt have a run with it as well as Cody Rhodes & Wade Barett I think.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If Barrett were to become World Champion in 2012, I would give him a JBL type reign with the belt as in he becomes a cowardly champion but that he keeps turning away challengers by winning by cheating to squeak out victories or give him a Randy Orton 2007-08 reign where Barrett becomes a one-man dynasty

·
Keeping the red flag flying high
2,046 Posts
If Barrett were to become World Champion in 2012, I would give him a JBL type reign with the belt as in he becomes a cowardly champion but that he keeps turning away challengers by winning by cheating to squeak out victories or give him a Randy Orton 2007-08 reign where Barrett becomes a one-man dynasty
That right there would do me fine.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Ziggler and Rhodes

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
I fully expect the likes of The Great Khali, Tyler Reks, Trent Baretta,Jinder Mahal, Primo, Johnny Curtis to be shown the door as well as osome others.

I imagine the likes of Brodus Clay, Andy (Tough Enough) , Justin Gabriel, Alex Riley to be given little pushes to higher midcarders.

And As for your question Next year will see John Cena, Cody Rhodes, CM Punk, Dolph Ziggler, Wade Barett, Randy Orton, Del Rio, The Miz, Daniel Bryan and Jack Swagger will all be up there competing for the top two titles.

·
Inappropriately tinkly music.
7,024 Posts
Ziggler and Cody, barring some huge fuck-up either by them (Ziggler's already got a wellness violation, right?) or by creative. Hopefully Bryan, but I'd wager the tale of a babyface saying he'll win the title honourably at WM, no one believing him, and his actually doing it is too simple and too good a story for WWE to tell.

If we're counting Sheamus as a midcarder, he'll be champion again too.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,226 Posts
Daniel Bryan, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barret for sure and more of a wish:

Kofi Kingston (would be a top babyface is given a chance)
Brodus Clay (Mark Henry has been amazing lately and I am not angry but I still think this man should have got that push he got but this guy will be big for the WWE. He will be the next major big man and it would not shock me if he won his first world title next year)

·
Registered
5,070 Posts
Maybe there making Mark Henry so big at the moment so that Mark Henry can put over Brodus CLay.
Last of the big guys really.

·
Asuka
96,240 Posts
Barely anybody. Ziggler will probably win the MITB. I have a hard time believing Rhodes could be a world champion, but with the push they're giving him lately, that could happen. Bryan will if they go through with his WrestleMania cash in, but that could happen this year. Nobody else is a possibility. Barrett should win, but he clearly isn't on their golden boy list.

Sheamus is not a midcarder, so I'm not counting him. Of course that clown is gonna win the belt. He's gonna have to become a 10 time champion in 5 years just like Cena and Orton.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Swagger will be World Champion because I see him getting drafted to Smackdown in 2012, and he will have a championship reign again over there

·
Registered
77 Posts
I imagine mainly Ziggler and Rhodes will be in the main event picture next year, and possibly the miz again. Maybe we will see D bryan as well

·
Registered
8,335 Posts
The problem for me is that it's only heels I can see making the grade though that said I think Ziggler could turn face.

Ziggler
Rhodes
Barrett

1 - 20 of 63 Posts