Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
25,857 Posts
Will you be making a discussion thread for that match too?
For Io vs Raquel? I am doing post-match discussion threads for discussing the results as the matches end. The PPV has a live discussion thread for each night:

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Io and Toni makes most sense unless they target tag division but definitely ready to go to either Raw or Smackdown. Only problem is I can't see Vince booking Io right and if Bianca and Rhea win their title matches, both Io and Toni would need to feud with other women as they won't be winning title any time soon. Its my biggest hate of when they had Lacey Evans be Becky's 1st challenge post WM35 as Evans was never going to the win the belts.

·
Premium Member
Sister Abigail has arrived
302 Posts
Following the pattern of NXT and their former women’s champions , I think it’s safe to say that Io Shirai is en route to one of the major brands after Mania but which one?
Personally I would love to see her going head to head with Charlotte Flair in a ladder match or cage match some time in the not so distant future but will she suffer the same fate as the latter women’s champions such as Ember Moon and Queen of Spades ♠
Or will she be a future multi time women’s champ?
Discuss

·
Registered
522 Posts
The women's division needs names like Shirai and Storm on the main roster as presently they have Banks, Bayley, Flair, Lynch, Belair, Asuka and Ripley as top rate stars of the division then it takes a massive talent nosedive to the likes of Lana, Carmella, Rose, Brooke, Tamina etc who most people could not care less about.
With the brand split it limits the division to 2 small stale pools on repeat with a couple of quality names and a load of preliminary women.
So quality names would be welcome in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
The women's division needs names like Shirai and Storm on the main roster as presently they have Banks, Bayley, Flair, Lynch, Belair, Asuka and Ripley as top rate stars of the division then it takes a massive talent nosedive to the likes of Lana, Carmella, Rose, Brooke, Tamina etc who most people could not care less about.
With the brand split it limits the division to 2 small stale pools on repeat with a couple of quality names and a load of preliminary women.
So quality names would be welcome in my opinion.
Unless they plan on using them well it doesn't matter how many quality names are available to use. The main roster is notorious for only being able/willing to feature the champion and who they are feuding with on each brand at any given time with the rest of the women thrown into a blender and spit out in random pairs(if they are lucky) to feud with the tag team champion which is just a pair of women who came out of the same blender only longer ago.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
If Gargano drops the North American title tonight and Shotzi & Ember retain the tag titles, I wonder if The Way get called up to the main roster as well.

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Santana Garrett is already strongly implied for Smackdown. Toni Storm jobbing to Zoey Stark on the pre-show makes me think she is getting called up to the main roster.

·
Registered
938 Posts
Maybe they just use the women they moved up but haven't really used like Garrett, Chelsea Green, Vanessa Bourne, Mercedes Martinez maybe. Io and Toni seem like good best otherwise.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts