Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Likes wrestling....
8,029 Posts
Dutch was a jobber in WCW with the rest of the Desparados as was Black Bart.
For less than a year.....most guys back then did jobs at one point in their career, whether it was early or late.

You know it's ridiculous to call him a jobber. Today's fans have re-defined "jobbers" and I am fine with that, if they want to call guys who hold titles jobbers that's fine. But as an old school fan you know better. ;)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
You know it's ridiculous to call him a jobber. Today's fans have re-defined "jobbers" and I am fine with that, if they want to call guys who hold titles jobbers that's fine. But as an old school fan you know better. ;)
I agree with this. I don't know how anyone call someone who held a legit title for a decent run a jobber (assuming it wasn't a joke reign).

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
Definitely the Brawler since he's been a lifer in WWE. Honorable ment
ion for Tommy Dreamer. Talk about a guy who owes everything to Paul Heyman.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
For less than a year.....most guys back then did jobs at one point in their career, whether it was early or late.

i don't think its ridiculos to call guys like Dutch, Buddy Rose, Pez Whatley jobbers even though they had solid runs in other promotions with titles.

I do think its insane to call Santio or Ziggler a Jobber.

This is really my definition if you go to a Promotion and you never win a match you're probably a jobber. Mantel while in WCW was a Jobber.

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
Brooklyn Brawler.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
So unless it was the WWE or WCW at the time it doesn't count? Come on now. CWA was a major territory back then. WWC was THE major promotion in Puerto Rico hence why Carlos Colon is going into the Hall of Fame.
I wouldn't consider the USWA or CWA titles major titles. They were territorial titles. Dutch was a good hand in the south but in WCW he was JOB CITY. WCW used Dutch as a jobber. I'd be surprised if he won more then two matches in WCW.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Dutch+Mantel++WCW&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=7D3EB0AFAE7E866BA9367D3EB0AFAE7E866BA936

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Barry Horowitz. His finishing move didn't even have a proper title – the announcers just called it his “Winning Move.”
I can't tell if you are kidding or not here, so I'll assume that you are not. Barry's nickname was "The Winner" so the actual name for the move was "The Winning Move".

Outside of WWE and WCW, he had a number of finishers other than just the OMG SURPRISE 3/4 nelson (which is an amateur wrestling pin, btw).

·
Registered
455 Posts
Brooklyn Brawler and Lanny Poffo for me. As a controversial choice I'll say Glenn Jacobs before he became Kane. Fake Diesel and that dumb demented dentist gimmick were terrible - he really was looking like a career jobber at that point. Amazing what a decent gimmick can do for a guys career. Also a couple of guys who had really solid careers became 'great' jobbers later on - Al Snow always springs to mind - What does everybody want.....?

·
Registered
730 Posts
I can't tell if you are kidding or not here, so I'll assume that you are not. Barry's nickname was "The Winner" so the actual name for the move was "The Winning Move".

Outside of WWE and WCW, he had a number of finishers other than just the OMG SURPRISE 3/4 nelson (which is an amateur wrestling pin, btw).
He had a losing streak as long as Mississippi.

·
Registered
361 Posts
All 3 members of Too Cool. To have the kind of gimmick they did, when they did, and be as over as they where, while still being solid Midcarders (Upper Midcarders at one point), is pretty damn good imo.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,029 Posts
i don't think its ridiculos to call guys like Dutch, Buddy Rose, Pez Whatley jobbers even though they had solid runs in other promotions with titles.

I do think its insane to call Santio or Ziggler a Jobber.

This is really my definition if you go to a Promotion and you never win a match you're probably a jobber. Mantel while in WCW was a Jobber.

Look obviously Mantel was not a jobber, he spent a few weeks in WCW losing some matches in a comedy gimmick at the end of his career. Big Deal, he spent 20 plus years being a upper card talent. Was John Nord a jobber? Iron Shiek, Kendon Nagasaki? They basically went places to put people over at the end of their careers?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts