Votes: 57 85.1%
  • John Cena vs The Undertaker

Votes: 10 14.9%
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Banned
9,205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
On one hand, you have John Cena vs The Rock. Two of the biggest stars of two different era's colliding. The Rock's first match in over seven years. There's already a fair amount of build up, there's the trash talk, and there's the history.

On the other, you have John Cena vs the Undertaker. John Cena, the company man, who rarely ever loses at wrestlemania, or loses, period. the WWE's most protected superstar. A man who has beaten them all, except for one-the Undertaker, at Wrestlemania. The Undertaker, one of the most iconic figures in the INDUSTRY, who by then will have been undefeated at wrestlemania for 19 times in a row. The match will determine if taker goes 20-0, or 19-1 at the hands of John Cena. There is actually a POSSIBILITY that the streak gets broken this time around, but it's still very much up in the air.

Both have the immense potential of being classic matches. Which will draw more money?

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Easily Rock/Cena, Undertaker vs Cena of course would be a huge match but The Rock is a far bigger star than Undertaker and the fact that like you said he hasn't wrestled in 7 years would make the match that much bigger.

·
Banned
1,063 Posts
Cena vs Rock

It's kinda like Hogan vs Rock.

Undertaker has always been over-rated in every department.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Cena vs Rock

It's kinda like Hogan vs Rock.

Undertaker has always been over-rated in every department.
:lmao :lmao :lmao

Cena vs. Rock is easily the bigger match, simply because it's The Rock. The way The Rock captivates the mindless sheep... I mean, "Millions and millions of The Rock's fans" The Rock vs. a broomstick would have a higher buyrate than Cena vs. 'Taker.

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
Obviously Rock and Cena. Especially these days. People popping more for Triple H than Taker kind of shows you that it's becoming a majority that think he needs to retire already.

And Undertaker isn't overrated. He's the greatest of all time as far as I'm concerned.
If you wanna talk overrated and bandwagons, HBK is your guy.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Cena/Rock of course. Rock is the bigger star between him and the Undertaker.

Cena/Taker has also already happened at least 5 times on TV and PPV, excluding all of their Tag matches, Rumbles etc. Cena/Rock on the other hand has never happened in any way,shape or form. It'd be a completely fresh match.

Plus Cena/Rock have their personal issues with each other. This match would therefore be a lot more intense.

The streak would not sell a Cena/Taker match as well. Or would anyone actually think that Taker would go 19-1 and then retire?!

·
Registered
984 Posts
Cena vs Rock would be the biggest money maker, but it could backfire. Should The Rock hold out on a decision to wrestle, it would be very risky to sacrifice Cena/Taker build for a match that is only possible. But as it would generate such money, I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
What a silly question. Cena/Rock might be the biggest match that could EVER happen now, not far away from all-time dream matches like Cena/Hogan, Austin/Hogan, and Hart/Hogan.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I think it would be Cena/Rock, but it’s probably a lot closer than people are willing to acknowledge.

The Rock still gets a huge reception, but it’s not as much of a ‘given’ as it once was (see the second promo from Rock’s home). A huge portion of the PPV-buying audience flat-out aren’t that familiar with The Rock. That same portion will be extremely familiar with the streak. Cena/Undertaker is something of a dream match too, remember.

So yeah, i’d err to Cena/Rock, but I’m saying it’s pretty close in all honestly. They could do some pretty freakin’ phenomenal things to build a Cena/Undertaker match. It would be huge. Cena/Undertaker would also probably be a far better match. The two had incredible chemistry even 8 years ago, at Vengeance 2003.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Cena vs Rock by far, but that doesn't mean that it should happen. Cena and Undertaker need to fight at WM, 20-0 needs to be his LAST match and Cena is the only person he can fight that's a big enough star for his last match.

Of course knowing Undertaker, he'll probably wrestle until he's dead.

·
The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla
5,108 Posts
Dont think theres any need for a poll here since everyone has said cena/rock and rightly so. The atmosphere from the crowd could rival that of ONS 2006. It would be immense seeing the reaction that cena would get in this match. I think the 'wrestling' would be the least on everybody's mind just for the pure drama and entertainment of it all.

·
Premium Member
18,238 Posts
Cena/Rock and it isn't even close tbh.

Taker/Cena is a match a lot of people want to see at Mania no doubt but if people had to choose between the two chances are more people will want to see Cena/Rock

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
I think it would be Cena/Rock, but it’s probably a lot closer than people are willing to acknowledge.

The Rock still gets a huge reception, but it’s not as much of a ‘given’ as it once was (see the second promo from Rock’s home). A huge portion of the PPV-buying audience flat-out aren’t that familiar with The Rock. That same portion will be extremely familiar with the streak. Cena/Undertaker is something of a dream match too, remember.

So yeah, i’d err to Cena/Rock, but I’m saying it’s pretty close in all honestly. They could do some pretty freakin’ phenomenal things to build a Cena/Undertaker match. It would be huge. Cena/Undertaker would also probably be a far better match. The two had incredible chemistry even 8 years ago, at Vengeance 2003.
this

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Yeah WWE or Rock kind of made it difficult. WM is in Miami, Rock's home town and the crowd and buyrates would be crazy to finally see this match. I doubt WWE can keep a feud going for so long though. Taker on the other hand will be at match 20, and theres no better time to have Cena challenge him. It's the biggest match with WWE's current roster, and the next WM is the best possible time for it to happen.

I say let Rock/Cena main event Summerslam and have Taker/Cena main event WM, even if Rock/Cena is just as big of a WM match. Creative can't think of a way to keep the two from going at it before the next WM, it's just too far away unless Rock leaves until WM time again. I'd be shocked if they could even keep the feud going until Summerslam.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts