Wrestling Forum banner

Which is the bigger moment?

1008 6
I don't want people to vote based on what Bret did while he was with the WWE when he returned, I just want you to vote based on everything that happened from the time people found out he was returning all the way up to January 3rd.

Which is the bigger moment(assuming the other one happens)

1.Bret returning to WWE for first time in 13 years(since the screwjob)

OR

2.Sting debuting in WWE for first time in his career

People always said things like "there's a better shot of bret returning to wwe than ___ happening" but eventually, he did end up returning. Took 13 years but he did. Though you could say similar thing bout Sting. He never appeared in WWE for his entire career so that could be a big story too.

I hope the poll is closer than I think its going to be cause I have a feeling most ppl here will vote Sting with some people voting Sting just cause they hated the Bret return and how it went.

Which is the bigger moment?

• Bret returning to WWE for first time in 13 years

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Sting debuting in WWE for first time in his career

Votes: 15 83.3%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Sting would be the bigger moment. Bret coming back was pretty surprising, admittedly, but I guess the old saying holds true, time heals all wounds. Sting in WWE is just something that seems unfathomable, even now. He's spent his entire career being the only major star to never work for WWE, it would just be incredibly odd to see him here and would have people talking about it more than you can imagine.

·
BLUE IS BACK
16,346 Posts
I don't know why Sting would come to WWE, all he has is that he is the only big star to never work for WWE, but if he comes to WWE this year, his career doesn't mean as much..

·
Registered
534 Posts
Sting would be the bigger moment. Bret coming back was pretty surprising, admittedly, but I guess the old saying holds true, time heals all wounds. Sting in WWE is just something that seems unfathomable, even now. He's spent his entire career being the only major star to never work for WWE, it would just be incredibly odd to see him here and would get more coverage than you can imagine.
Sting arriving in WWE would be no different then when Rey Mysterio, The NWO, or Goldberg first arrived. And it would be well below the hype of the Invasion storyline.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
^ That's not true. A little 10 second promo were we can see nothing but black airs and the message boards are lighting up talking about Sting's return, that didn't happen when Goldburg, NWO or Myserio came to the WWE.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
126,684 Posts
Sting arriving in WWE would be no different then when Rey Mysterio, The NWO, or Goldberg first arrived. And would be well below below the hype of the Invasion storyline.

Maybe back when WCW was bought, but it's different now. Sting has built up a reputation as "the only big star who's never worked for Vince" and it's going to be HUGE news if he's finally confirmed as debuting in WWE.

Also, I'm reasonably sure Rey Mysterio was a Cruiserweight in WCW, so yeah, it's a LOT different than how he came in.

Bret Hart coming back honestly wasn't as big as it should've been. People were just like "WTF, BRET'S COMING BACK!!!!....eh, alright". Sting coming to WWE, especially to wrestle at WM would be MUCH bigger.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.