• Wade and Nexus vs. Cena

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • CM Punk and New Nexus vs. Orton

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 13 28.3%

Which have you preferred?

940 Views 10 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  septurum
So I've given it time to get going and now I'm wondering? Which feud have you preferred the most or which has been better? I'm bias of course, so my vote will obviously go for Wade and Nexus vs. Cena. I just think it was executed a lot better, it was refreshing and new and you never knew what was going to happened. I don't think any of that can be said for Punk and New Nexus vs. Orton.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· HEADBANGA
27,527 Posts
Cena vs Nexus should've been the marquee match heading into Mania for the title. Barrett should've won by the Royal Rumble in a triple threat with him Orton and Miz. Cena would win the EC chamber for the #1 contender for the title and go head to head with Barrett at maina.

· Banned
9,964 Posts
Cena vs Nexus should've been the marquee match heading into Mania for the title. Barrett should've won by the Royal Rumble in a triple threat with him Orton and Miz. Cena would win the EC chamber for the #1 contender for the title and go head to head with Barrett at maina.
This. I'm sure they would have wanted to do this too, but didn't quite know how to drag it on for a few months longer.

· Asuka
123,116 Posts
100% agreed, I've been preaching this for months.

As much as I prefer CM Punk to Wade Barrett or anyone on the roster for that matter, Barrett's Nexus and feud with Cena was undeniably better. It was far better written, even though towards the end, it started to suck. Nexus has no real power anymore. Nexus under Barrett was THE big storyline in the WWE and it was treated like a hot commodity, as it should've been. It was basically the rookie version of the nWo. That gave it a familiar, yet fresh twist. With Barrett, the chaos they were creating was fun and felt like it had a purpose. Punk's stable is just pointless. Even though the original Nexus was really just Barrett and "the other guys", with Punk, it's REALLY just Punk and a bunch of guys nobody cares about. At least when Barrett was in charge, every guy in the group had a clearly defined personality and role. Sheffield was the powerhouse, Otunga was the punching bag, Gabriel was the closer, and etc. Under Punk, nobody has a role. They're just indistinguishable henchmen, like any random video game has with 10 guys who all look the same on the screen at once.

· Banned
4,476 Posts
I love Punk, but the rest of the New Nexus is a complete laughingstock. Seriously, who's left? Ryan and Otunga? :lmao

Nexus vs. Cena was WWE's feud of the year, and was ended way too soon.

Reactions: Kratosx23

· Registered
1,238 Posts
While it's really too early to tell, I voted Punk/Orton simply because it still has the potential to be awesome. Cena/Nexus was only good for a couple months and it REALLY petered out. And that's a shame because I thought it was going to have a much more climactic ending.

· Registered
3,611 Posts
Well, we'll kind of have to see how it goes, but I wouldn't fault anyone for picking Orton/Punk because they royally fucked up Cena/Barrett. That match could've been a legit Wrestlemania main event (you certainly wouldn't have heard any of talk of lack of a bigtime feel) but instead they fucked it up beyond belief. I still can't wrap my head around how badly they executed what could've been one of the biggest angles in years.

· Registered
39 Posts
if you really look at it. it really is the same storyline at the beginning. Just with cm punk as wade and orton as cena. If they make randy orton join nexus then it will be stale. I do like the storyline just hope they know what their doing with it and dont fumble the ball.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.