Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So im hearing the four horsewomen tore it down at the Garden last night. Couple of botches but overall it was a great match.

I started thinking who on the main roster could hang with the the four and five names came to mind.

Asuka,Kairi,Ember,Ronda,and Nattie.

Its unfortunate Ember really hasn't shown much on the main roster expect for one match..and it wasn't the Bayley vs Ember match. It was the match after Summerslam with Charlotte. That was a good match but Ember can show much more if given the in ring time.

Say what you will about Nattie but she can deliver good matches. Hell we hear all the time how she trianed other females coming in.

I could be wrong here but I feel also if given a push Sarah Logan can give us good if not great matches. The reason im saying this is im basing this off one match yep thats right one match.

The match between Sarah vs Mia Yim in the Mae Young Classic 2017. That was a damn good match. Its almost on par with Kairi vs Tessa Blanchard from the first round. So im sure if given the time Sarah and deliver a solid match.

I wanna say Ruby Riott to but I havent seen much of her expect being a squashed jobber for Becky,Charlotte and Ronda on the road to WM35 but if the rumor of they had to switch out some wrestlers and add in Ruby for Ronda cause they had more in ring time than initially planned than that tells you something.

Little by little I see Mandy and Lacy improving. Im not saying their on the caliber of the horsewomen but maybe one day....

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,649 Posts
On the main roster the ones you have mentioned are pretty much the ones, hell, Asuka and Kairi are probably better than all 4 HW and Ember is better than at least 2 in ring wise. Ruby also is pretty good, but her credibility has been damaged to maybe the point of no return.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Kairi Sane hasn't even had a chance yet, but if she did, she's well within her capabilities to be able to beat any 4 of them, if not take them for a broadway on her best night. Kairi has faced a crapload of tough women and there's no quit in her. A match with her against any one of them, but particularly Sasha or Becky, would be absolutely electric.

Ember gets squashed and injured a lot but at 100% she has always had the tools to hang with them. There's always this cloud of doubt with her though that's unfortunately become her reputation.

Even Naomi, while generally thought of as a job gal and for some even a joke nowadays, is still not to be underestimated. Rip on her all you want. You actually got to work to beat her She's never been a pushover. She takes herself seriously and has a sudden game-changer in her finishing hold that nobody wants to be placed in.

Oh, and obviously Asuka...

I could be wrong here but I feel also if given a push Sarah Logan can give us good if not great matches. The reason im saying this is im basing this off one match yep thats right one match.
Sarah is definitely one of the most underrated and sadly overlooked women on the roster. I've seen what she can do even back in her RoH days and she's got far more heart and endurance than WWE lets people see from her. She carried Liv, to be honest, and I'm not trying to hate on Liv but I can't say I favor the fact that Liv gets more recognized than Sarah does.

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,950 Posts
- Asuka
- Ember Moon
- Kairi Sane
- Ruby Riott

The likes of Ronda Rousey, Mickie James, Nikki Cross, and Natalya get honorable mentions.

Edit:

I would give Sonya Deville a mention, but I feel like I need to see her wrestle more matches with any of the women that I already mentioned.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I would give Sonya Deville a mention, but I feel like I need to see her wrestle more matches with any of the women that I already mentioned.
I don't think Sonya is as good as a lot of people says she is. I find her work too jittery, spontaneous and she's always just been hit or miss. She has potential, sure. She's tough as nails, yes. But I'm confident in saying a good, slick enough matworker and thinking woman's type of wrestler like Sasha or Charlotte can make Sonya look amateur.

The way to beat Sonya is to wait for her to make a mistake, which she usually does, and make her really pay for it in the old school manner of intense stretching. Simple-minded stand-up game brawling with her is never a good idea. But then it is necessary either...

Ronda, for instance, would embarrass the shit out of Sonya. She's the queen of counter-engagement and would likely tap out Sonya 9 out of 10 times. Which is why if I'm making a top 4 against 4HW, I know Ronda's going to be in it, and Sonya is not.

·
17,649 Posts
I don't think Sonya is as good as a lot of people says she is. I find her work too jittery, spontaneous and she's always just been hit or miss. She has potential, sure. She's tough as nails, yes. But I'm confident in saying a good, slick enough matworker and thinking woman's type of wrestler like Sasha or Charlotte can make Sonya look amateur.

The way to beat Sonya is to wait for her to make a mistake, which she usually does, and make her really pay for it in the old school manner of intense stretching. Simple-minded stand-up game brawling with her is never a good idea. But then it is necessary either...

Ronda, for instance, would embarrass the shit out of Sonya. She's the queen of counter-engagement and would likely tap out Sonya 9 out of 10 times. Which is why if I'm making a top 4 against 4HW, I know Ronda's going to be in it, and Sonya is not.
I agree with this, I will never understand what people see in her. Like, she did a couple of good spots in the Elimination Chamber and suddenly she is this great, underrated worker that has never had a chance, but whenever she has had singles matches hasn't produced anything memorable, even against someone like Asuka.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,146 Posts

This sounds like a kayfabe analysis of her real life wrestling performance. I'm really struggling to understand it...

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
This sounds like a kayfabe analysis of her real life wrestling performance. I'm really struggling to understand it...
No, it's all wrestling. Hold for hold. Grappling. Countermanuvers. We examine this with Sonya and Sonya is not that good of a wrestler. She's tenacious, but she's isn't a natural mat wrestler, certainly not as any of the 4HW.

EDIT: I'd say she's hold her best against Becky though, just to add.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Women who are just as good in the ring as the 4HW? Asuka, Kairi, Mickie James, Ruby Riot, Ember Moon, Natalya, Paige(before injury).

Honorable Mentions: Sonya Deville and Alexa. Not as good in the ring as the 4HW but can perform well with them.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Asuka for sure....and she needs to resurface to challenge for one of these belts!!!!!

Ember I believe can do it and Nikki Cross has potential. Natalya of course is good in the ring as well, but even after more than a decade, she never reached the level of relevancy as the 4HW.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,146 Posts
No, it's all wrestling. Hold for hold. Grappling. Countermanuvers. We examine this with Sonya and Sonya is not that good of a wrestler. She's tenacious, but she's isn't a natural mat wrestler, certainly not as any of the 4HW.

EDIT: I'd say she's hold her best against Becky though, just to add.
Ronda is not a mat wrestler either, in fact very few people on the main roster, male or female, are. It's not even a valid criticism because there are many different kinds of wrestlers and technical wrestlers are just one kind; Sonya is a striker.

I'm not sure if you realized this but Ronda only knows one scripted match that includes a couple of scripted counters and mat transitions, she's not actually out there stretching people. When it comes to performing as a sports entertainer rather than a mat wrestler, Sonya is better at striking, bumping and varied storytelling.

·
17,649 Posts
Ronda is not a mat wrestler either, in fact very few people on the main roster, male or female, are. It's not even a valid criticism because there are many different kinds of wrestlers and technical wrestlers are just one kind; Sonya is a striker.

I'm not sure if you realized this but Ronda only knows one scripted match that includes a couple of scripted counters and mat transitions, she's not actually out there stretching people. When it comes to performing as a sports entertainer rather than a mat wrestler, Sonya is better at striking, bumping and varied storytelling.
At the end of the day Ronda has had good to great singles matches with Nia, Charlotte, Nikki Bella and Sasha, and that mixed tag at Mania that stole the show, while Sonya hasn't had any memorable matches, not even on NXT

1 - 20 of 56 Posts