Wrestling Forum banner

Which Evolution Star became Bigger?

• Batista

Votes: 94 62.7%
  • Randy Orton

Votes: 56 37.3%

Which Evolution Star became Bigger?

8039 Views 80 Replies 66 Participants Last post by  Da Alliance
Two former world champions from the Evolution.
Choose one.
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 81 Posts

· Registered
1,081 Posts
I hate to admit it, but it's Batista.
I don't like him, never have, and I adore Orton but Batista to this point is the bigger star.
Interesting really, considering Orton is more talented in absolutely every facet of wrestling, but that's how it goes I guess.
That's not to say Orton can't get there, he is only 30...

· Registered
3,950 Posts
1. Orton was never really given the ball, they kept having HHH squash him at his biggest moments. Even his 1st face run had potential, but he was squashed immediately,and despite the fact that he was over, many wrote it off as a failure

2. Batista is the biggest as far as within WWE, but Orton's just as big outside it. People who know who Batista is tend to also know who Randy Orton is. So as far as household names(they both are barely household names) they are equal. Though apparently Batista draws more, even though he had much more help than Orton has now.

· Registered
9,576 Posts
Not only is Batista much bigger, he's even had better matches. Orton may be the better wrestler but Batista delivered more big time matches in his career. I think Batista had better match with all the common big name opponents compared to Orton. I would say Edge and HBK were a tossup when comparing Orton and Batista's matches with both. Batista had far superior matches with Taker,Cena and HHH compared to Orton.

· Banned
18,124 Posts
Batista. He was HUGE draw and attraction 2005-2007. Orton will never come even close to that.

· Registered
608 Posts
Definitely Botchtista.

· Registered
2,169 Posts
Not only is Batista much bigger, he's even had better matches. Orton may be the better wrestler but Batista delivered more big time matches in his career. I think Batista had better match with all the common big name opponents compared to Orton. I would say Edge and HBK were a tossup when comparing Orton and Batista's matches with both. Batista had far superior matches with Taker,Cena and HHH compared to Orton.
i wouldnt even call orton the better wrestler to be honest,he's slimmer and quicker yes but there is nothing stand out in orton's ability that id say he's any better than batista.
agreed batista's matches overrall were far better than ortons.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
Sadly, Batista - he was constantly in the main event and was inexplicably popular. I struggle to understand why. Fair enough, he looked good and his character was credible. Unfortunatley, all of his matches were dreadful. His wrestling style never appealled to me. I always thought he was overrated and undeserving of his spot. I guess WWE needed a monster after Lesnar left.

The way that people talk about Batista on this forum makes me wonder of I'm missing something. Tonight I'll go back and watch some his biggest matches / most talked about matches and see if I can find some redeemable quality that I'd overlooked previously. To me he was just a jacked up, toned down, 21st Century Ultimate Warrior.

41 - 60 of 81 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.