Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When people say best era, they (majority) automatically say the Attitude Era (which is also my favourite era), but the wrestling, except for the odd awesome main event and before Angle, Jericho and the Radicles came long, so basically 98/9 which were the peak of the attitdue in the attitude era (cooled off by 2000), it was well, terrible.

So the...
Pre Hogan era
Hogan era
New generation
Attitude era
Ruthless aggression
Cena/PG era

I think the (which will probably be the most popular pick) ruthless agression era was the best in terms of wrestling, Angle, Eddie, Jericho, RVD, HHH, Brock, Reymond, Benoit, Lesnar, Cruiserweights etc. For example, a match like Trips and HBK form RAw in 03 from San Antonio, merely a great match in the ruthless aggresion era, but in the AE it would be easily one of the best one on one matches.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
I would have to go with Ruthless Aggression era too. Plus, there was also a variety since the brand split just happened and each brand had their own PPV, which meant rarely you saw three matches on 3 consecutive PPVs for no reason at all like today's wrestling.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Cena/PG Era.

:lmao

Just TeaZing.

I honestly can say the wrestling in 2006 was okay, and the DX promos filled me with lawls. I wish I was watching in the Att era, and Judging by some of the promos/matches I have seen, I'm going with the attitude era

·
The Mouth of Madness!
10,609 Posts
And anyone who says 'Attitude Era' is wrong.
Opinions can't be wrong when the is no documented proof declaring otherwise.

Anyway, my vote goes to the Ruthless Aggression Era! When WWF and wCw found common ground with talent and every divsion was on fire. You didn't just think oh the main event was awesome, you came out of an event with your hair standing up and jumping up and down!

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
2002 to about 2005 hands down. The likes of Angle, Benoit, Jericho, Lesnar, Michaels, the list goes on, but all of these men were in their prime putting on the best matches of their career.

·
Registered
698 Posts
I guess it all comes down to taste really. No one can be wrong here.

Mine would be the year 2000 with a little 2001 thrown in. Every division in the WWE were tearing it up. In the main events you had Foley and Triple H putting on classics, then you had Angle coming in out of nowhere and putting on a stormer. You also had the likes of Jericho, Angle, Benoit, Eddie mixing it up in the midcard scene. Not to mention it was the last great days of the tag team division as we knew it with E&C, Hardys and Dudleys.

2000, imo, had easily the best year of any for PPV quality bouts.

A close second for me would be late 80's, early 90's in the NWA and WCW. If you like old school wrestling then this is where your bread is buttered.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
In terms of matches, around 2007-2010 is actually good. Things like Jericho-Mysterio,Taker-HBK,HBK-Jericho,Cena-Edge as well as many others have been real great.

Overall(storylines + wrestling) then 2002-2004 is the best.

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
WWF = 2000
WCW = 1998
ECW = 1997-1998
JAPAN = Pick one after 1989.

But then again, there's no good or wrong answer here.

·
EPW Owner
4,267 Posts
I really miss having a proper tag division they used to add so much to the shows, when the Hardys, E&C came out you know you were guaranteed something entertaining. Then you had the other teams like Test and Albert, the Right to Censor who were great at getting heat and Too Cool who were so over that they threw them into programs with DX.

Further down you had Edge,Mysterio,Los Guerreros,Angle-Benoit all mixing it up in the tag division. Fast forward to now and what do we have?

The Hart Dynasty who are inexplicably getting broken up, the green as hell Usos...even the thrown together tag teams like Archer-Hawkins are getting broken up.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Attitude Era by far and i'm not talking about 1998 or 1999, i'm talking about 2000 and 2001. Back then WWF/E had the talent from top to bottom to put on consistently great matches.

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
In my experience, it had to be the 2002-2004 era, which I guess would be the Ruthless Agression era. I'm positive there was better wrestling back in the 80's and early 90's, like redeadening said, but I kinda wasn't watching back then to say the least.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts