Wrestling Forum banner

Which DVD would you want next in Greatest Rivalries, Austin/Rock or Rock/Triple H ???

3054 24
After the HUGE success of the first DVD based on Greatest Rivalries with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart there has been a lot of talk on WWE doing another one but this time featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock some time this year. The question i ask though is the DVD with Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock the one you want to see or would you prefer one done with The Rock and Triple H which for me was a more natural rivalry and one that is said to have been based on genuine ill feeling between the two.

The reason for why the DVD with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart did so well was because everyone knew that there was a lot of real life problems backstage between the pair of them which transcended on screen and made their feud so special. With The Rock and Triple H there was always said to be real life problems between them dating back to mid 1997 when The Rock began to get a big push ahead of Triple H who had been put back a year due to The Clique in Madison Square Garden.

There were always rumours about Triple H trying to get Shawn Michaels to help derail the rise of The Rock through 1998 and again once The Rock had become a main event star by the end of that year whilst Triple H was still a mid carder and that a lot of the promos they cut on each other from 1997 through to 2000 were based on real life feelings which is why their feud was so great as a lot of it was real. With Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock it was a professional rivalry that elevated each other and the whole business and outside of Stone Cold Steve Austin walking out on WWE in mid 2002 there was never any kind of bad blood between the two of them.

Personally i'm a big believer in the DVD's on Greatest Rivalries being a big success but the ones that will do the best financially and commercially will be the ones that are based on real life problems between the people featured on them. For me The Rock and Triple H worked perfectly and were the perfect enemies because they were polar opposites but also because there was real life friction between them and that would transcend on to tv and would also provide a better Greatest Rivalries DVD than Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock would. Don't get me wrong i loved Austin/Rock as much as the next man if not more as i'm a HUGE mark for both men but i believe Rock/Triple H would be better viewing.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Banned
675 Posts
Re: Which DVD would you want next in Greatest Rivalries, Austin/Rock or Rock/Triple H

It was shawn michaels that insecure cocksucker who tried to bury the Rock so that he can put his buddy on top and continue his backstage antics. He even refused to job to steve austin in the main event of wrestlemania, taker had to beat the crap out of him, made him cry a little bitch backstage and then made him job. Michaels is a fucking pussy, always been. I hate that asshole...

This is brief history of shawn's glorious backstage stories

1) He refused to job to the British Bulldog even though Vince told him to in the European title finals, after BB dedicated the match to his dying sister

2) Told Vince he's not "Doing no more jobs in the territory" (The USA)

3) Refused to give Bret his win back at WM 13 so he forfiet the title and made up "I lost my smile" nonsense

4) Was a jerk to The Rock and his grand mother, and tried to ruin his career in 1997

5) Refused to job to Steve Austin THE NIGHT of WM 14, until the Undertaker beat him u. (Pussy)

6) Said he was gonna show up on Nitro with the World Title, after he got into a altercation with Bret Hart backstage

7) Was in cohoots with Vince to screw Bret Hart

8) The pulled strings (The KLIQ) to get Bret Hart out of mainevents in his 1995 title reigns

9) One of the Kliq members took a shiit in Sunny's food, and when Candido said he was gonna fuuck Shawn Michaels up, Shawn said if he touched him, when they got back to the states he'd have Vince make them job the Body Donnas of the tag team titles, and HE DID.

10) Him and Marty Jannetty were shooting an anti-drug commercial for the WWF. They found out that the Road Warriors were getting paid more then them. Shawn got mad and told Jannetty to tell Vince "If you don't pay us more, we're leaving for NWA" when Jannetty told Vince, Vince said "Okay, good luck" and was about to release them, when Vince confronted Shawn about the situation, Shawn said "It was all Jannnetty's idea" and begged for his job back. (I think he even mentions this in his book, not sure)

11) Refused to job the World title to Vader at SummerSlam, and said he would not show up.

12) Said he's not going to feud with Owen Hart in the beggining of 1998 (When Owen was the second most over face in the company) because he didn't like him

13) Had Shane Douglas de-pushed cause he didn't get along with the KLIQ, and pretty much had him fired

14) Broke kayfabe the infamous night in MSG, when the whole KLIQ embraced (no cena) in the ring and made Triple H take the punishment for it.

· Banned
11,315 Posts
Re: Which DVD would you want next in Greatest Rivalries, Austin/Rock or Rock/Triple H

Taker threatened to beat up shawn is a rumor by itself.but beating the shit out of hbk,i dont think so.shawn was the biggest ass in the history of business,way more than hhh.not as good as hogan though.

· Premium Member
2,058 Posts

Really want to see Rock V HHH DVD, one of the most underrated rivalries. Stone Cold V HHH would be nice too.

· Premium Member
5,026 Posts

Austin vs. The Rock
Austin vs. McMahon
The Kliq( they already made NWO and DX..why not The Kliq?)
Royal Rumble collection..
Rock vs. HHH

This might be unlikely though but...
Goldberg DVD
Sting DVD
I'd also love to see a Psycho Sid DVD

· Banned
486 Posts

After the HUGE success of the first DVD based on Greatest Rivalries with Shawn Michaels and Bret Hart there has been a lot of talk on WWE doing another one but this time featuring Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock some time this year.
I've no idea where you got this information from. The DVD sold far less than expected and the series has been scrapped.

· Registered
302 Posts

Rock/Austin was defo the better rivalry of the two, so I'd prefer to see that on DVD next.

· CHAIRMAN of WF
2,648 Posts

Taker himself said it. Its not a rumour
Taker himself said that he basically gave Shawn an ultimatum. If he didn't do the job to Austin, Taker said it was going to be a long night for Shawn. But Taker said nothing about him beating Shawn's ass prior to the match, like your implying.

Start at 4:51

· Parks and Recreation Dept.
8,665 Posts

Kinda torn on that one, if only because we've been beaten to death with constant re-releases of every Austin/Rock match. A set of every Rock/HHH match would be very refreshing by comparison.

I definitely think the Austin/Rock DVD would be a bigger draw. That feud was epic. And when it comes to the idea of Rock and HHH sitting down together, who knows how far they'll really dig to shed light on the legit heat Hunter and Shawn had with Rock in the 90's? One of my biggest pet peeves of the Bret/Shawn DVD was how certain things here and there were swept under the rug or not touched on.

· Premium Member
12,982 Posts

I've seen basically all of the Rock / Austin so it wont show me anything new, I'd like to see Austin/HHH though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.