Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because of WWE having two seperate rosters with Raw and SmackDown a lot of the feuds and matches that we see are rehashed on a yearly basis or restarted feuds that WWE try to make us buy into as an intense long term rivalry like Cena/Orton or Undertaker/Kane. With newer feuds like Miz/Morrison there is a storyline already there because of their history and that adds to the build up but for you personally what do you prefer, the build up towards the PPV match or the actual match itself.

For years i was always more a fan of the build up towards the match unless it was Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair or Kurt Angle because i always found the actual matches to be a letdown in terms of quality and i would feel a bit flat afterwards but now i have kind of turned 180 on it. Now it is very rare for the build up towards the match to be that good due to a combination or poor and lazy booking and also the way the product is now with it being PG and restrictive in what they can do although since WWE lost Shawn Michaels and Chris Jericho the match quality has also gone backwards again.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
The match. I've never had any desire to re-watch the build up because frankly the match is the pay-off. If the match ends up sucking the build-up will be forgotten. Triple H vs Randy Orton in 09 is the perfect example of that.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
the build the Orton/HHH build for Mania was great though post mania it was overused but going into Mania it was great. Orton worked his way through all the McMahons he kicked Vince and Shane and then hit the RKO on Stpeh than HHH came out and looked like he would of killed Orton on RAW but apart from the month and a half build the match had their Mania match and the 3 that followed were just plain boring

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
the build the Orton/HHH build for Mania was great though post mania it was overused but going into Mania it was great. Orton worked his way through all the McMahons he kicked Vince and Shane and then hit the RKO on Stpeh than HHH came out and looked like he would of killed Orton on RAW but apart from the month and a half build the match had their Mania match and the 3 that followed were just plain boring
Too bad most people will remember it for its lackluster WM 25 match.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
Too bad most people will remember it for its lackluster WM 25 match.
yeah they should of done something big to end the match like Steph coming out and screwing Hunter and having the whole McMahon family stage the attacks on them to get back at HHH for the stuff he has done to the family in the past something big to make the match memorable

·
Registered
128 Posts
If the build-up is good but the match doesn't deliver, people generally will still think of the entire thing as bad.

On the other hand, if the build-up is kinda meh but the match turns out amazing, people will have a more positive view of the feud.

Bottomline? The match always has to deliver. As its177 mentioned above, if the match sucks, the build-up will be forgotten. Triple H vs Randy Orton at WM25 is the best example of this.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
yeah they should of done something big to end the match like Steph coming out and screwing Hunter and having the whole McMahon family stage the attacks on them to get back at HHH for the stuff he has done to the family in the past something big to make the match memorable
you could just have legacy trying to interfere only for vince and shane to come in and prevent them from getting on the ring, it would have been awesome, trips and randy on the ring fighting for the title while legacy and the mcmahons were brawling outside trying to protect their guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts