Wrestling Forum banner

Which WWE division is more entertaining?

• The men's division

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • The women's division

Votes: 14 51.9%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO, I like the men's division due to the fact that several of them are major stars while I see the women's division as filler.

·
SmarkSlammer
100 Posts
The Women's division is literally the Becky division. All other feuds (even the Smackdown and the tag titles) are filler that get like 5% of time from creative.

Men's by default of not revolving entirely around one person who doesn't make any of her opponents look good

·
Registered
303 Posts
I got into wrestling again because I find the women's division interesting back in 2016. Now, I mostly watch because of the men. I still like the women's division but mostly NXT and Smackdown.

Ever since Charlotte's friend dominated the Raw title scene it's just a repetitive storyline. "Collecting old debts" blah blah blah like people actually stole something from her. I hope Shayna wins come WM36. I know Shayna is boring as well but at least we don't need to get subjected to repetitive promos.

·
Banned
34 Posts
The men's "division" doesn't have any clearly defined characters or personalities at this point.

I thought Cena and Angle were fine 2nd tier personalities compared to Austin and the Rock and Hogan, but by today's standards, they're absolutely light years ahead of any performer currently on the roster.

What is Seth Rollins' "identify" at this point? What makes him different or entertaining or even just mildly interesting?

AJ Styles is an elite worker in ring, but stumbles through promos, slurring words and mumbling along in that thick vaguely southern accent of his, or is he simply dense?

ShaneOMac? Part timer (at best), a Richie rich spoiled kid? Maybe, but he's in his mid 40's now.

There isn't a single male wrestler who jumps off the page as an interesting personality.

Taker? He can barely walk at this point.

I don't even want to go through any portion of the rest of the list.

A pro wrestler is a goofy, 2 dimensional, silly, funny cartoon character. Today's performers can't even manage that.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Sometimes the women are more interesting, sometimes it's the men - I just go with the flow.
At the moment, the only match in town for me is Charlotte v. Rhea.

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
The men's divison in my opinion but not by much. They push the same people in both divisions and most of the people I actually wanna see are buried and in minor roles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I mostly fast forward the current generation wrestler segments & matches and then log in to complain about how part timers hog all the limelight.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven’t found the women’s division interesting since some time between the Rumble and Mania last year.
Becky Charlotte Rhonda and Asuka all had something going on in some way at that time. It’s a shame as it is part of what got me watching WWE again.

Outside of Orton, I can’t actually think of anyone in the men’s division I actually like, AJ seems unimportant,I think Bryan should have kept his heel eco warrior persona. I enjoy Garza, but he’s new he’s not really doing anything. I guess I just don’t care much, which is why if it is on in my house it’s normally background noise unfortunately.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
29,423 Posts
IMO, I like the men's division due to the fact that several of them are major stars while I see the women's division as filler.
At their peaks, the women can easily steal the show, however, when they have lackluster feuds or booking, they can be the worst parts of the show. Unfortunately, every women's main event (except Rhea vs Shayna) has sucked in the last year. The only match deserving of a main event (Sasha vs Becky at HIAC) didn't.This has been their worst year since they were Divas. Things seem to be improving though. Bianca getting called up after Mania would be a great way to shake things up. They'll reach 2016 peaks if Io goes to Smackdown later this year and has a title feud with Sasha.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I have never given a damn about the women's division. [Edit: not being misogynistic, I'm a female. It just seems outside of Chyna and Lita, the entire division is cookie-cutter. I'm actually watching the women's matches on AEW. They still have a long way to go, but at least there's diversity in looks, wrestling styles and promo styles].

As far as your question goes, I find it relevant to note that I check the Superstars forum multiple times a day, and 95% if the active threads seem to be around the women.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The women have been more appealing, but not but much.

The men have become bodies that are used to fill tv time. There’s nothing that stands out about the majority of the male roster anymore, even if you like a few of them.

It’s a complete 180 in regards to how it use to be.

·
Registered
303 Posts
We can all blame Charlotte's friend as to why the women's division is stale this year. The promos are repetitive. Everyone was fed to her so that she can look good, even though she needed to be carried in matches.

Charlotte's friend is a 2-star, 2-moves poison. All talk without really delivering in matches.

·
Fearless University Graduate
16,114 Posts
Becky Lynch is so stale, so cringy, so awkward, and never puts anyone else over to such a degree that Womens Wrestling in WWE is unwatchable, maybe even just as unwatchable as it was during the Kelly Kelly or Alexa Bliss Era's.

Nothing else ever really happens away from Becky either. The SDL Womens division is just a shambles where nothing ever happens. The tag division is non existent and WWE dont even bother using their tag teams, the only time Asuka and Kairi have had anything to do was when Super Becky got involved.

I prefer the Mens Divisions right now. But only because while the Women is basically just Becky, theres more variety within the Men, even if most of them are complete garbage as well.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
4,230 Posts
Normally I would say the women because most of my favorites are from that division but unfortunately none of the current champions or storylines hold much interest to me minus The Kabuki warriors.

Hope this changes after Mania but the men's division is better right now because Edge vs Randy is the only good storyline in the company.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts