1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I miss:

- WWF Mania
- All America Wrestling
- Primetime Wrestling (in the 1992 roundtable format)
- WWF Livewire (I never saw an episode :( )

- Cyber Sunday (I like the 'improv' that the booking has to do, even if most results are predictable)
- In Your House (that goofy house set grew on me)
- Free For All

Of course we all miss the classic Saturday Night's Main event but in 2010 with so much given away weekly there's not much to get excited about.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
I miss... Judgment Day,it was always close to my birthday,if not in the actual day,and it was hell better than Fatal-4-Way ^^

Plus,it had a cool set and it was... A NORMAL PPV :rolleyes:

obs: Here we didn't had to pay for PPV,we had it in cable,so better for us =D

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,748 Posts
easily King of the Ring. one of the best PPVs IMO, and it was always a good gimmick for the winner to work with.

was a nice way to elevate someone, certainly more epic than grabbing a briefcase off a clamp ten feet in the air.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Fully loaded. Just because i loved Fully Loaded 2000

·
4X Efed World Champion
676 Posts
TV Shows
Heat
Nitro

PPVs
WCW Starrcade
WCW Mayhem
WWE King Of The Ring
WWE Cyber Sunday

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
I miss:

- WWF Mania
- All America Wrestling
- Primetime Wrestling (in the 1992 roundtable format)
- WWF Livewire (I never saw an episode :( )

- Cyber Sunday (I like the 'improv' that the booking has to do, even if most results are predictable)
- In Your House (that goofy house set grew on me)
- Free For All

Of course we all miss the classic Saturday Night's Main event but in 2010 with so much given away weekly there's not much to get excited about.
How can you miss it then...

The whole concept was so 90'ish, but yeah, I'd like it if they had the IYH Anthology or something, that would be awesome. It was the PPV were the guys that had less tv time got to shine.

·
Wrestle Like It's 1999!
370 Posts
PPVs
King Of The Ring
Backlash (liked the name better, suited the name being after WrestleMania)
In Your House (i really liked the idea of it being IYH then the tagline)

TV Shows
Sunday Night Heat (remember it on channel 4!)
Jakked/Metal (shows that WWF could seperate adult and kids shows even in the AE)
I also liked Raw is War more (much better back then, along with SmackDown!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Primetime Wrestling is my favorite wrestling program of all time. I loved the banter between Heenan and Monsoon and the house show broadcasts from Madison Square Garden were awesome in an era where most WWF matches broadcast on TV were squash matches. I miss Saturday Night's Main Event too.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I liked Sunday Night Heat, but only on nights that I would also watch a PPV. I think they should definitely bring that back - it would probably lead to a few more PPV buys here and there.

As far as PPVs go - War Games is a big one, and I miss the traditional Survivor Series (not the one we've had the last decade or so).

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Backlash and No way out
:sad:

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts
easily King of the Ring. one of the best PPVs IMO, and it was always a good gimmick for the winner to work with.

was a nice way to elevate someone, certainly more epic than grabbing a briefcase off a clamp ten feet in the air.
PPV's
King of the Ring
Cyber Sunday
TV Shows
Confidential
Heat
Velocity (Superstars is so pointless, just separate the two again)
agreed.

I always liked the live Sunday Night Heat before PPVs.
I liked Sunday Night Heat, but only on nights that I would also watch a PPV. I think they should definitely bring that back - it would probably lead to a few more PPV buys here and there.

As far as PPVs go - War Games is a big one, and I miss the traditional Survivor Series (not the one we've had the last decade or so).
Loved watching SNH before the ppv. Always got me hyped up. Def miss team ppv's like war Games and how SS used to be.

Another show I miss is Saturday Night's Main Event. I was glad when they brought it back, but it looks like it's been abandoned again.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts