Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently read this over at 24wrestling
- WWE is once again interested in finding future stars from Mexico with Sin Cara’s future being up in the air, Rey Mysterio having the problems he’s had and Alberto Del Rio talking about retiring while he’s still healthy. The idea is to look for a young high-flyer with charisma but they could also be looking for a veteran heel such as Averno.
http://www.24wrestling.com/wwe-seeking-mexican-stars-kassius-ohno-suffers-injury-vince-mcmahon-talk/

I consider this as a slap in the face to Hunico. Here we have the original Sin Cara and a guy that can perform in the ring. Granted, his gimmick sucks but that can be changed and can still put on high quality matches. There may be some that disagree with me but I feel Hunico can be elevated to become a upper mid-card talent. But that article basically tells me they planning on giving that torch to someone other Mexican talent.

Give me your views and thoughts? Aside from his gimmick, what is the problem with Hunico to have the WWE search for other wrestlers in Mexico?

Reactions: STP

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He's old, nobody cares about him, he's a decent worker but he isn't "spectacular", he's incredibly goofy, his entire "gimmick" is a joke, it's about as stereotypical as Cryme Tyme was and infinity times less entertaining.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
He's old, nobody cares about him, he's a decent worker but he is "spectacular", he's incredibly goofy, his entire "gimmick" is a joke, it's about as stereotypical as Cryme Tyme was and infinity times less entertaining.
Yes I do agree about the stereotypical role he's playing.

He's 35. That's the problem.
As far as age goes, Averno (mentioned in the article) is the same age as Hunico.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
His age is a problem also that gimmick will get him nowhere.I think the guys is a decent worker and does not need to do flips every second to put on a great match.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Based on how he entered the product, it would seem WWE views him as the antagonist to a high-flying Mexican star rather than the high-flying Mexican star around whom much is built. Hunico is talented but I would contend that their analysis is probably correct. Having said that, I think he can do more than what he's doing at this time.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Aside from his run as Sin Cara Black, he hasn't done much of anything else.

Isn't the real story of this article the fact that Alberto Del Rio wants to retire when he's still "healthy"?

This entire time they've been attempting to push Del Rio and Cara, I've been nothing that Del Rio is even a little too old to megapush. If you want to create a megastar you've gotta push them when there at least 28, give or take a few years. Del Rio has already hit 34.

·
The Sundance Kid
18,632 Posts
I'm actually entertained by Hunico & Camacho as a team. I'd like to see them get an actual program to work with rather than just being one of countless guys that show up from time to time without rhyme or reason (most of the "midcard").

·
Premium Member
8,587 Posts
Age is irrelevant when WWE are pushing a 39 year old, fat, poor worker, with a bad gimmick in Lord Tensai. Hunico's a great talent, who's currently very underrated and under-utilized in the WWE. In comparison to Sin Cara, he may be older, but he doesn't botch, is a consistent worker, isn't injury-prone, can speak English - so he can actually cut promos, and doesn't let the company down by failing the wellness policy.

It's his gimmick which most people have a problem with, which I can understand, but I personally find it entertaining. However at least Hunico has a gimmick, something the majority of the roster don't have. Regardless of what people think of it, it helps him stand out from the rest of the roster. Besides, did anyone have a problem with Eddie Guerrero coming out in Lowriders - and lying, cheating and stealing? I'm not trying to compare Hunico to Eddie, because I know Eddie was far more talented, I'm just using Eddie as an example to show that you can be pushed to the top with a stereotypical gimmick and a stereotypical gimmick isn't always a bad thing. The problem is WWE do nothing with his gimmick, and in combination with WWE's non-existent care for the mid-card division, it leaves Hunico totally irrelevant.

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
Aside from his run as Sin Cara Black, he hasn't done much of anything else.

Isn't the real story of this article the fact that Alberto Del Rio wants to retire when he's still "healthy"?

This entire time they've been attempting to push Del Rio and Cara, I've been nothing that Del Rio is even a little too old to megapush. If you want to create a megastar you've gotta push them when there at least 28, give or take a few years. Del Rio has already hit 34.
Sheamus is the same age as Del Rio and they are pushing him to the moon trying to make him the next big thing.

·
Banned
4,059 Posts
Because Hunico is a joke. He rides to the ring on a bicycle... Now thats gangsta. his matches are snoozefests, he cannot cut a promo for shit. He adds nothing to the company my only wish is he goes in the spring cleaning.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
All I've heard about with Del Rio is that he wants to retire in August 2016, when he'll be 39.

Sheamus reportedly wants to keep going into his early 40s, which would mean he could be around for another seven or eight years.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Giant Bernard is not a poor worker. Lord Tensai borderline is.

Anyways, like others have said, age does play a noneffective but minor role into how one can be pushed. Plus, he's a stereotype that we've all seen before and noone buys anymore.

He should have stayed as Sin Cara ***** and put Cara out for him to rehab and he goes around as the evil Sin Cara until the real one returns and gets his revenge.

Sorry, my bad. Was making sense for a minute there.

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
They should have signed Cibernetico a few years ago when he was still young, I barely watch mexican stuff at all but you can tell this guy oozes TOP guy level charisma and has a great look, unlike Hunico who is just another random uncharismatic stereotype mexican, hence why he is beeing ignored by Vince.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts
Hunico probably doesn't have the "friendly" look the WWE is seeking to fill the position. I'd take Hunico over most of the roster though. He's a top tier in ring guy and he cuts a good promo.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hunico is a great worker with a poor gimmick. That's the only thing holding him back. People who say he's boring or talentless in the ring clearly haven't seen any of his matches where he gets any time, like on Superstars or NXT. He can carry most people to a match.

Like the OP said, Hunico could definately be elevated to the upper-midcard, he just needs a decent feud (that's written well, not just endless matches with DiBiase) and some actual time invested in him. And a gimmick change.

·
Registered
3,799 Posts
It's his gimmick which most people have a problem with, which I can understand, but I personally find it entertaining. However at least Hunico has a gimmick, something the majority of the roster don't have. Regardless of what people think of it, it helps him stand out from the rest of the roster. Besides, did anyone have a problem with Eddie Guerrero coming out in Lowriders - and lying, cheating and stealing? I'm not trying to compare Hunico to Eddie, because I know Eddie was far more talented, I'm just using Eddie as an example to show that you can be pushed to the top with a stereotypical gimmick and a stereotypical gimmick isn't always a bad thing. The problem is WWE do nothing with his gimmick, and in combination with WWE's non-existent care for the mid-card division, it leaves Hunico totally irrelevant.
This. Hunico's gimmick os stereptypical, but at least he's not the generic cocky heel in trunks WWE is full of.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
He's not the original Sin Cara. He's the one that posed as Sin Cara when the original got suspended...

Anyway, I don't see star potential in Hunico. Maybe he could do well in the tag division, but that's about it. They'd have to find someone better than Camacho tho. That guy's terrible.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts