Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

·
Banned
3,554 Posts
Not even in my top 1000 Summerslam matches ;)

It was great. One of my favorites but I don't give it 5*. I'd put it behind:

Austin/Angle
Brock/Rock
Hart/Perfect
Edge/Undertaker
Undertaker/Undertaker

That's just off the top of my head. There's probably more
4/10, I don't think Punk has ever had an original thought.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
not trying to be a dick, but the greatest SS match ever is bret/Davey boy at Wembley. If anyone says Punk/Brock is even on that level, then just wow, thats super markism right there.............

-Bret/Davey
-Austin/Angle
-Bret/Owen cage match

Come on guys, know your history, just because Punk/Brock was good for 2013 doesnt mean it stacks against the best.....
I HATE that Bret/Owen cage match. In my opinion, that match is the most overrated match in history. And this is coming from someone who named his son Owen after Owen Hart.

·
Banned
1,652 Posts
You seem angry that people have different opinions.
When you go through the entire first page, and no one mentions the accepted greatest match, not even once? Yeah, sometimes people need to be told that their opinions are kind of out there. Thats like saying "Hey guys, Ben Roethlisberger is a better Super Bowl QB than Joe Montana because he engineered one of the greatest drives in SB history against Cardinals." You may be a Steelers fan and its your opinion, but its WRONG. It may be your opinion that Lebron James is better than Magic/Jordan/Bird/Russell/West/Chamberlain/etc. but its WRONG. Hell it works on me, in my opinion, Tom Brady is a shit QB who sucks and cant do anything without helps from the refs. Guess what, in that situation, I am WRONG. Same situation here. Its fresh on everyones minds cuz it was last year, and Punk is gone now, but this level of mark is too much. Whats next? Someone quick! Make a WM match thread and say Punk taker was top 3 all time.

·
Registered
4,742 Posts
2013 Match of the Year. It had great build up, it told a good story, and I was incredibly invested in the match. Punk did a great job selling his underdog, babyface performance and Brock looked like a beast. Such an amazing match that I would not mind watching over and over again for years to come.
Perfectly stated. Agree with every word.

·
Registered
6,151 Posts
I'll have to rewatch it. I didn't think of it at the time as a GOAT match and thought Cena/Bryan was a little better. Which is hard for me to admit because I don't like Cena haha.

Looking forward to watching again then :)

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
When you go through the entire first page, and no one mentions the accepted greatest match, not even once?
Didn't read your drivel past this but that's right nobody mentioned it because nobody thinks it. So obviously you seem angry people have different opinions.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Great match but there are quite a few others that I'd place above it. For Brock alone, I'd have his 2003 match with Angle and maybe the Rock match from 2002 above Brock/Punk. Then there's other matches that I'd also rank highly and above it such as Austin/Angle, TLC I and then matches like Edge/Taker are neck and neck with it. It'd probably make the top 10, though. Punk's greatest match I've seen and one of Brock's best.

What the fuck was exactly so great about the Kurt vs Austin match? Almost the entire match was really slow and boring.
Slow doesn't make a match bad. It's about storytelling. Austin is an excellent heel as he puts on a ruthless performance which is complemented by Angle's excellent face performance by refusing to stay down even after taking numerous Stunners and getting his head smashed against the steel post time and time again. Perfected by the second half as Angle continues to fight back which makes Austin become desperate and intentionally getting himself DQed to escape with the title.

A good match is about more than just cool moves.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Not even in my top 1000 Summerslam matches ;)

It was great. One of my favorites but I don't give it 5*. I'd put it behind:

Austin/Angle
Brock/Rock
Hart/Perfect
Edge/Undertaker
Undertaker/Undertaker

That's just off the top of my head. There's probably more
By saying it won't be in your top 1000 SS matches, aren't you basically saying it's the worst SS match ever since there's not even 1000 SS matches are even close?

·
FOURTEEN TIMES, THE GAME
6,805 Posts
Along with Trips/Batista (HIAC), it's one of two matches that I mark for just about the whole time. It's easily Punk's best performance as a face in WWE, and he sells for Brock so, so well.

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
One of the few matches that from start to finish I am totally invested in, even after watching a second time. Originally my favourite had always been between HBK/HHH SS02 or Lesnar/Angle SS03 but this one takes it for me.

·
Banned
756 Posts
Great match but there are quite a few others that I'd place above it. For Brock alone, I'd have his 2003 match with Angle and maybe the Rock match from 2002 above Brock/Punk. Then there's other matches that I'd also rank highly and above it such as Austin/Angle, TLC I and then matches like Edge/Taker are neck and neck with it. It'd probably make the top 10, though. Punk's greatest match I've seen and one of Brock's best.

Slow doesn't make a match bad. It's about storytelling. Austin is an excellent heel as he puts on a ruthless performance which is complemented by Angle's excellent face performance by refusing to stay down even after taking numerous Stunners and getting his head smashed against the steel post time and time again. Perfected by the second half as Angle continues to fight back which makes Austin become desperate and intentionally getting himself DQed to escape with the title.

A good match is about more than just cool moves.
When i said slow and boring i wasn't exactly talking about the amount of moves, the entire match was dull and lack of direction until the 8 minutes of the end. Basically, an boring match with a really good ending.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Up there with Kane Vs Pete Rose

21 - 40 of 60 Posts