Wrestling Forum banner

Batista position in all time greats?

• top 20

Votes: 17 19.3%
  • top 30

Votes: 25 28.4%
  • top 50

Votes: 46 52.3%

Where will you place Batista in all time greats?

8019 Views 82 Replies 53 Participants Last post by  tducey
I would place him in top 20.Not enough longevity but in terms of star power and as a draw,he beats few of the greats.
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

· Registered
5,169 Posts
not in the top 50 in my opinion. to be honest, i dislike him. never understood why anyone cheered for him when his music hit. my personal favorite batista moment was when he wrestled the big show at either an ecw one night stand or maybe ecw tv when wwe owned it of course and the crowd chanted nothing but hateful stuff the whole match. it was a very hardcore ecw type crowd and these two wwe guys looked shell shocked. i wish i could give the specific date and venue. "you can't wrestle", "change the channel", and "same old shit" chants the entire match. it was the one a fan spit on big show and he punched the guy. that's what i think of when i see the name batista.

· Mamba Mentality
25,255 Posts
Depends on what people define as great and what does great mean to them. Do I think Batista was a great talent (in ring, promos, character)? No. Was he a great star? I can see the argument that he was a great star of his era. He was solid and did good business with Triple H RTWM21 and as the face of the Smackdown brand.

He had a great look and was a solid draw while he was on top I'd say during his peak years 2005-2008.

Btw, you did this thread before but I'll keep it open for now to get a good laugh. I recall last time people saying Batista was greater than Sting!

· Banned
10,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Depends on what people define as great and what does great mean to them. Do I think Batista was a great talent (in ring, promos, character)? No. Was he a great star? I can see the argument that he was a great star of his era. He was solid and did good business with Triple H RTWM21 and as the face of the Smackdown brand.

He had a great look and was a solid draw while he was on top I'd say during his peak years 2005-2008.

Btw, you did this thread before but I'll keep it open for now to get a good laugh. I recall last time people saying Batista was greater than Sting!
Sorry i dont remember doing this thread.

· Mamba Mentality
25,255 Posts

· Ted the Moth
13,387 Posts
Top toity. People may not like him as a performer which is understandable (personally I think he is underrated) but like I always said, Hogan isn't the GOAT because he's a wrestling god or whatever.

And Batista made a lot of it. A LOT. More than almost anyone, and he deserves credit for that. Also props to him because they were wanting Orton to be the breakout star of Evolution, not him.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.